Application Development / Maintenance Officer
Who we are looking for
Software Development Engineer works for Global Transaction Manager application in Transaction Service domain. Why this role is important to us
Global Transaction Manager is a real-time transaction processing application designed as State Street solution for both Middle Office and Back Office processing. It is intended to enhance the overall straight through processing experience. GTM processes transactions for Investment Management Funds; performs complex editing, validation, enrichment supports robust exception processing workflow; real-time and historic reporting.
The person will be responsible for developing new functions and features in GTM to meeting both clients and markets requirements, as well as shaping our next generation transaction services for future growth. What you will be responsible for
As Application Developer you will
What we value
- Work with business analyst / counterparty to gather/clarify requirements.
- Design the solution for required functions and features.
- Analyze production real data to ensure solution is valid.
- Adopt TDD and CI/CD in software development life cycle.
- Build deliverables with high quality.
- Communicate project status to all stakeholders.
- Meet aggressive production deadlines.
- Assist UAT and Production deployment and support.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- 5+ years of Java/J2EE application development experience
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns
- Familiar with Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience with below technologies is preferred: Azure Cloud, Docker, Kubernetes, Kafka, Postgres, Spring Boot, etc.
- Experience with test-driven development
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum development process
- Analytical thinking and problem-solving capability
- Knowledge of financial transaction processing is a plus
- A team player with good communication skills
Additional requirements About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's Degree or higher in computer science
- Good oral and written English skills, CET6 is preferred
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers