Artificial Intelligence Developer, Officer
Who we are looking for
The AI Scientist - Officer will work with other AI agile team members through the phases of use-case data exploration and prototyping to the design, implementation and support deployment of the resulting AI services while focusing on scientific implementation and validation of quantitative financial models. What you will be responsible for
What we value
- Responsible for low level model and algorithm design, development, and validation by converting financial data and models to mathematical and computer science level design and implementation with consideration of space and time complexity
- Integrate, customize, and train well known model and algorithm in open source libraries to solve financial market problem and perform validation and bug fixes
- Work with a team of data scientist, machine learning engineer, financial modeler, software engineer, and model validation/QA engineer
- Support IT integration, QA/UAT and deployment of AI micro services, operationalizing and productizing resulting models and AI solutions
- Support production issue pertinent to model and algorithm including the ones used in open source libraries if any
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualification
- Transfer learning modeling experience from public model to financial market model
- Linux / Bash scripting, structured and unstructured data management tools (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, KDB+, Hadoop, etc.)
- Continuous integration & development environments and tools (GIT, Maven, Jenkins, etc.)
- Communication skills. The ability to communicate at the right level with all parties involved, including management and business stakeholders
- Passed Charted Financial Analyst (CFA) level 1 examination
Why this role is important to us
- Master degree required (preferably in computer science, mathematical finance, and financial engineering)
- Solid background in mathematics including but not limited to statistics, probability theory, PDE, linear algebra, stochastic calculus, differential equations etc.
- 5+ years of solid modern, object-oriented or functional programming and design experience (Python, C++, SQL)
- 3+ years of experience in deep learning based NLP modeling such as Attention, BERT, sentiment analysis, and/or Chatbot
- Solid modeling experience with text representation, semantic extraction, and topic models
- Familiar with traditional machine learning (GBDT, random forest etc.) and deep learning neural network (LSTM etc.)
- Familiar with SpaCy, NLTK, GENSM, TensorFlow, and PyTorch with GPU
- Familiar with Flask/Djanjo/Nodejs/GRPC that can build demos
- Result driven, detail oriented, candid attitude
State Street's Automation and Artificial Intelligence is a strategic global team. It is formed under direction of management committee of the company. It has the mission to explore, enable and exploit artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision and cognitive computing at scale for countless use cases across Global Delivery, Global Advisors, Global Markets, and Global Exchange business lines. The team has a mixed of intelligence technology, quantitative modeling, data science, financial engineering, and software engineering capabilities. The team has built solutions for investment and risk management related domains such as market movement, sentiment analysis, valuation, investment strategy, fund innovation as well as operational and client experience related use cases. This team will engage the business to explore, prototype, and solution use cases while also building out a portfolio of foundational micro services in the State Street's hybrid cloud. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers