Business Support Analyst, Sr. Assc-4
Who we are looking for
The Alpha Portfolio Services team is a dedicated global business team working with Clients, SSC IT, client service, and the business operations teams to ensure accurate end-to-end oversight of Information Delivery to our clients. The Alpha Portfolio Services team is responsible for ensuring the Investment book of records is accurately maintained and ensuring accurate client portfolios are reflected on State Street platforms. The role will interact with the Clients (predominantly Front Office) and being a key liaison with various portfolio managers and internal SSC parties in identifying an issue as well as managing that a suitable resolution is found and communicated to the Client. The role will need to initiate and develop good communication and interpersonal relationship with business operations teams and IT and to maintain the high level of service that is currently being provided to all the clients. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for
As Business Analyst, Senior associate you will
What we value
- Ensure client queries relating to the Recordkeeping system and client file deliveries are tracked, with proactive management to ensure timely response and resolution
- Perform daily checks on file deliverables to the clients, investigate and report discrepancies and ensure daily resolution of identified queries
- Provide Subject Matter expertise for complex system architecture queries/changes
- Perform an overview function for the Shared Services functions identifying operational trends, issues and areas for improvement.
- Perform work independently within scope of established guidelines and according to specific procedures.
- Investigate and resolve operational and various IT issues (e.g. Asset servicing, Trade Operations, Client Reporting)
- Support and provide analysis for Client Change Request items impacting the Enterprise processes and Operating Models
- Work independently to research and resolve problems considering multiple avenues for resolution. Trouble shoot issues and provide resolutions to various impacted teams
- Communicate effectively on issues / problems to the Client and to SSC management and ensure a proper and timely follow-up to ensure resolution.
- Provide guidance, support, act as resource and assist team members from multiple operational areas relating to Enterprise queries
- Complete any ad-hoc tasks as identified by the line manager
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Portfolio Valuations reconciliations/Investigations experience is required. Candidates should be able to validate portfolio movements day over day and highlight any issues.
- Excellent technical ability, Excellent analytical skills are essential for this role.
- Strong communication (especially written) and presentation skills to audiences of different sizes and levels of seniority.
- Must be self-motivated, adaptable and show initiative in different circumstances and under pressure
- Extensive asset management experience, including investment operations
About State Street What we do.
- Degree in finance, business, technology or equivalent or relevant industry experience 1-3 years of experience
- Experience in writing SQL, Oracle, Sybase is desired
- Strong MS Excel, Access, Word, Powerpoint skills necessary
- Strong English written and spoken ability
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers