Business continuity planner, Senior Associate
Business continuity planner, Senior Associate Why this role is important to us:
The Business Continuity Team is seeking an individual to provide focus and hands-on support to effectively plan recovery for Hang Zhou State Street all business units and locations. Reporting to alternate Business Continuity Director (BCD), you will be responsible to build, test, document, and improve continuity plans to support the continuation of critical systems and functions during a business interruption. You will work closely with Business Operations, Corporate Support functions and IT teams to perform duties.
Your role will be part of a small team and liaise between senior business executives and functional areas including business operations, relationship management, finance, technology, and sales.
You will have the opportunity to look for and implement ideas to streamline processes, lead short and long term improvement projects, develop response strategies, and follow up with issues related to testing or actual incidents.
Along with the day-to-day responsibilities, you will play a significant role in responding to and handling a major incident (loss of systems, facilities, personnel, etc.) that has the potential to disrupt critical business. You'll have a meaningful role engaging the appropriate business leads and subject-matter-experts during major incidents and conducting reviews with affected parties after the incident to craft an incident debrief. Your position requires some interaction with senior levels. What you will be responsible for:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Key participant in business continuity planning efforts including plan maintenance, improvement initiatives, testing (relocation and systems failover coordination)
- Assist with continuity planning and ensure continuity readiness and compliance.
- Responsible for oversight and / or input of detailed data to corporate continuity planning system to ensure plans are maintained in line with Global Continuity Program.
- Communicate status including improvements, issues, and business challenges that could impact continuity planning with proposed solutions and time frames
- Understand interdependencies across business processes, business functions, applications, and internal and external parties, including resolution of issues.
- Arrange all BCP and DR testing and improve project plans as a result of issues resolved during and after recovery exercise or actual events.
- Execute assigned activities during an incident, contribute to the post incident debrief process within the business in conjunction with BCD.
- Commit to and support education and awareness training for business line
- Stay current with industry standards by participating in training and conferences
- Lead many short-term and long-term projects, assisting with tracking, analytics, discussions, and presentations
- Concisely report project status updates to upper management
- BA/BS required;
- 3+ years business continuity experience with a deep understanding of general business continuity concepts or equivalent business knowledge
- Strong skills in English (Listen, speak and write)
- Experienced in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint
- Good communication, analytical, and project management skills
- Ability to multitask and navigate challenging priorities while persuading the business units to actively engage
- Strong interpersonal and management skills necessary to build development, improvement, and testing of continuity plans