Fund Account, Assc1
Who we are looking for:
Fund accountants are primarily responsible for the timely and accurate execution and reporting of net asset valuations (NAVs) for our clients' accounts (funds). Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Services (SSGS). SSGS gives asset owners and managers access to the essential financial tools they need to deliver effective investment solutions. From core custody, accounting, fund administration and shareholder recordkeeping, to complete operations solutions and servicing for alternative assets like OTC derivatives, private equity and real estate, SSGS' tools help our clients make better investment choices and act on growth opportunities.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As Fund Accounting & Administration, Assc1, you will:
- The fund accountant identifies, analyzes and substantiates impacts to the NAV.
- Critical functions performed include the processing and verification of all subscription and redemption activity (for unitized products), posting and monitoring of expense accruals, security transaction and corporate action review, monitoring of dividend and interest income and accruals, mark-to-market calculations, monitoring of securities pricing impacts, price dissemination and generating various accounting-based reporting.
- The fund accountant also reconciles various accounts, or reviews reconciliations prepared by others to ensure the integrity of the NAV. Lastly, you may also be involved with income distributions, help prepare financial statements or audit funds.What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
About State Street What we do.
- Experience in fund accounting and/or a back-office operations environment is preferred.
- Be able to conduct effective communication in English for verbal and written
- Good Logical Thinking
- Highly numerate and detail oriented
- Basic understanding on accounting and finance
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree or above
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers