Fund Accounting & Administration, AVP
Who we are looking for:
We are seeking to recruit an enthusiastic Hedge Fund Accounting professional to join our team. The role will encompass involvement in Hedge Fund Accounting services, i.e. Fund NAV review and delivery, Fund valuation incident log and risk control, etc. This is a managerial role so candidate will also be responsible for a team in a busy and challenging environment.
The candidate will gain exposure to many client relationship management aspects with an excellent opportunity to gain experience in a fast moving financial services environment. What you will be responsible for: Managing Operations
- Ensure timely and accurate production of hedge fund valuation packages to meet/exceed service delivery standards.
- Review of fund valuation packages when necessary.
- Ensure all personnel are appropriately selected and sufficiently trained to deliver quality services.
- Evaluate staffing needs while continually striving for greater efficiencies.
- Ensure all controls and procedures are adhered to as well as make improvements where necessary.
- Manage the process of client migration, new business/clients onboarding.
- Provide timely updates on issues to Hangzhou site governance / AIS Department Head and carry out necessary corrective action.
- Participate in other special projects or tasks assigned.
- Administrative duties of a sundry nature.
Client Relationship Management
- Develop and maintain a strong relationship with internal (and external if applicable) clients.
- Pro-actively identify/ensure understanding of client's needs and coordinate internally to support the client's requirements.
- Provide solutions and/or to coordinate support to resolve client issues.
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Supervise subordinate managers as well as staff on a daily basis.
- Lead by example and support employee development and growth.
- Coordinate performance planning including goal setting, regular feedback and performance appraisals.
- Resolve employee complaints and escalations.
This role requires strong communication, staff management and client serving skills as well relevant industry experience. Skills/Knowledge
- Strong verbal and written English communication skills are required including report writing skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate effectively at all levels within the organization
- Strong organizational and time management skills - ability to prioritise tasks and perform effectively within strict deadlines.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools in particular MS Excel.
- Ability to foster collaboration & team work
- Confident in dealing with difficult situations and be able to create innovative solutions to problems without a high degree of supervision.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree or equivalent. Professional accounting or finance qualification and/or Master's degree a plus.
- 8+ years working experience in accounting / financial services related environment.
- Prior staff management experience. Experience in managing large teams and operations servcing multiple clients is preferred.
- Strong client relationship experience preferred