Operational Risk, AVP
- Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of a global, cross-divisional group supporting State Street Enterprise Risk Management specifically in Credit risk & Global market risk (CGM).
State Street CGM governance and monitor the counterparty risk, market risk, CCAR of AUM per global risk appetize and regulation requirement that connects the front, middle and back office. It harmonizes data, technology and services across trusted providers to help our clients better manage their businesses.
Join us if making your mark in an ever-changing, increasingly complex and competitive industry is a challenge you are up for.
What you will be responsible for
As you will
- Credit risk & Market risk data quality control, risk monitoring & reporting services to the Enterprise Risk Management group globally including APAC, EMEA and North American.
- Risk data analysis and exploring
- Ad-hoc risk computational & Risk Analytics
- Risk data aggregation/reporting process re-engineering & Workflow Automation
- Follow up with feed source providers/vendors to communicate escalate issues and resolve
What we value
- Coordinate with global risk managers/stakeholders for a resolution
- Documentation of issues and solutions
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Demonstrable knowledge & experience in financial credit & market risk area by working with global risk managers
- Good oral and written communication skills for diverse audiences
- Experience in data analysis & exploring capability
- Ability to write complex SQL code for strong data analysis through queries, data profiling, and data validation exercises
- Understand BI/reporting tool architecture, functions, and features, understand Spotfire or Tableau is a plus.
- Has had experience in banking, financial services or financial information service provider or software firm
- Familiarity with financial markets & products (i.e. Foreign exchange, equities, hedge fund etc...).
- Fluent English (spoken& written)
- 6+ years of relevant working experience
- Experienced in BI tool say Spotfire/Tableau etc.
- Hands-on programming experience in any of Python/VBA/R/Matlab etc.
- SQL is a must and previous experience in any of the database Oracle, SQL Server etc..
About State Street What we do.
- FRM certificated is a plus.
- CFA certificated is a plus.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers