Quantitative Risk, SrAssc
The role will report to the China head of Integrated Analytics Team under ERM/Compliance at the bank's Hangzhou office, and be responsible of supporting the US team to conduct model development, implementation and other analytics activities. The China team will cover the models used at the bank to make business and operating decisions-most notably regulatory and economic capital models, as well as insuring the implementation of Model Risk Governance Program guidelines and requirements. These models are in areas including wholesale credit risk (e.g., probability of default, loss given default, exposure measurement, and loan loss reserving); CCAR Scenario Design (e.g., interest rate and equity index forecasting); and any analytical projects that are requested through shared services from headquarter. JOB QUALIFICATIONS:
JOB REQUIREMENTS: Basic Qualifications:
- Help to ensure model development and analytics are appropriately conducted or executed:
- Ensuring the conceptual soundness of model theory and model assumptions as well as considering alternative model methods and potential options.
- Assessing the stability and robustness of models by conducting backtesting, sensitivity testing, and stress testing.
- Testing and confirming model results, and ensuring code are executed correctly and following procedures for running the model(s) with no errors and documented for proper model implementation
- Ensuring appropriate data quality controls are executed by working with data providers and information technology professionals.
- Providing documentations, presentations and reports on models or analysis as needed
- Ensuring compliance with the regulatory (SR11-7) and State Street quality requirements for model risk and by responding to and collaborating with model validators and auditors
- Ensuring that the team members are in compliance and SSC policy, and motivating team members to deliver high quality of results
- PhD in related disciplines or Master degree with extensive business knowledge and strong technical skills (e.g. Statistics, Econometrics, Mathematics, Computer Science or Engineering)
- Preferred knowledge and experience in model development or model validation in risk management or risk management experience in banking/finance industry.
- Some knowledge of financial markets and products.
- Good communication skills (verbal and written in English).
- Ability to execute on competing priorities in a timely manner.