Regulatory&Tax Reporting, VP
Your role as the Regulatory & Tax services VP is to oversee the successful delivery of regulatory and tax services for the department. This is a senior leadership role where you are the lead manager, serving as a coordinator and escalation contact. This will involve planning, analysis, resolving of technical and operational issues before the delivery of products to clients. You will be responsible for driving results to ensure client's needs are being satisfied whilst also being responsible for identifying operational trends for areas of improvement, risk management, strategic planning & execution and development of staff. It will also be important to develop strong relationships with internal divisions of the company and to manage special projects and assignments.
To be considered for this role you will possess the following:
- Qualified Accountant having at least 10 years of experience in a professional services environment performing tax and regulatory reporting functions.
- Strong technical skills. Understanding of the investment industry in relation to mutual and pension funds. In particular, taxation principles (exposure to Australian taxation a bonus) and Regulatory reporting (exposure to Australia APRA reporting a bonus).
- Exceptional leadership and staff development skills with prior team management experience (30+ staff).
- Accountable for KPI's and productivity of the team.
- Excellent communication, influencing and negotiation skills with the ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships both internally and with external stakeholders. Fluent in written and verbal English a must.
- Strong organizational skills ideally with project and program management experience and a demonstrated track record of project delivery.
- Advanced analytical skills with the ability to anticipate issues and aggressively drive initiatives to achieve results.
- Confident in autonomous decision making. Ability to initiate and drive change (previous track record of managing change).
- Control focus with a thorough understanding of operational risk.
- Detailed knowledge of business processes and procedures as well as service and systems (including downstream impacts).
- Engage, track and see to fruition strengthening skill of current workforce.
- Meticulous planning ability so as to manage client delivery expectations.