SF Client Reporting, Manager
Who we are looking for:
A strong candidate as an operation manager who will be managing a reporting function team providing service for Global Markets APAC and EMER regions. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Markets (SSGM). When owners and managers of institutional assets need research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies, they turn to SSGM business unit. As our investment research and trading arm, SSGM's number one goal is to enhance and preserve our clients' portfolio values by applying technology, optimizing trading, and linking asset classes and markets across the world.
Join us if making your mark in capital markets industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As the SF Client Reporting team manager you will:
What we value:
- Oversee and assist with all requisite tasks relating to client and internal reporting and oversight monitoring activities as well as related controls, are completed on time, on a daily, weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis - 30%
- Ensure staff members are cross trained for sufficient coverage to meet deliverables and allowing for growth opportunities; ensure adequate coverage during peak volume times and manage team to maximize capacity - 15%
- Seek opportunities to improve processes; work with key stakeholders to devise process improvements and leverage LEAN methodologies - 20%
- Review metrics on timeliness, accuracy and completeness of work as well as sufficient resources to support function; provide weekly reports to management and onshore team for review - 10%
- Work with onshore teams and Relationship Managers to respond to inquiries accurately and in a timely manner. Escalate and report issues, including systems related issues to the appropriate groups, track and ensure resolution - 10%
- Manage junior staff. This includes conducting regular one on one meetings to discuss performance priorities, career growth and BAU activities. Additionally, participate in yearend evaluation and planning efforts. - 15%
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- More than 2 years' people management experience
- Data centric and excellent analytical skills
- Experience working in a high volume processing environment
- Demonstrated problem-solving skills and be able to multi-task in a time sensitive environment
- Effective project management skills to lead, prioritize, plan and execute projects under stringent timelines
- Impeccable attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal) to liaise across SSGM units
- Demonstrated ability to write clear and concise procedures that can be easily understood and used to supplement employee training
- Experience with effective implementation of process controls
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor degree holder or equivalent
- More than 5 years' Financial Industry experience.
- Night shift from 11am to 8pm (with flexibility on the schedule when necessary)
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers