Systems Operations & Admin, Officer
Who we are looking for
Technical Application Support Analyst works for the State Street Global Market. Why this role is important to us
The team you will be joining is a part of State Street Global Market (SSGM). State Street Global Markets is the investment research and trading arm of State Street, provides specialized research, trading, securities lending and innovative portfolio strategies to owners and managers of institutional assets.
Global Markets is seeking technical Application Support Analyst with working knowledge of the FX platforms/environments to support our technical operation functions in our Foreign Exchange production, UAT and disaster recovery environments. Reporting directly to the Head of IT Operations APAC, this person will be responsible for evaluating and recommending optimal business solutions for the Global Markets business areas covering front office through to back office trading life cycle. They will be expected to take responsibility for analyzing, deploying and supporting functional solutions for business. What you will be responsible for
As Application Technical Application Support Analyst you will
What we value
- Provide direct technical trading floor application support to our SSGM business partners
- Troubleshoot/analyze and triage application and trading issues
- Monitor application environment for issues
- Assist in the maintenance and deployments of trading applications
- Work in a 24x7 environment
- Ability to work and co-ordinate with multiple remote teams
- As a Subject Matter Experts on coordinating and supporting major vendor application such as WSS, Global One and Fidessa.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- At least 4 years of technical analyst role in a financial institution.
- Knowledge of Foreign Exchange/Equities/Securities Finance business process flows
- Ability to work independently and excellent problem-solving skills is a must
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to prioritize tasks, work with schedules / resources while remaining focused on team goals
- Experience supporting large scale, 24/7, real time mission critical systems
- Passion to experiment and learn new Technologies e.g. exposure to Python and willing to be learn and be Expert in Python Technology for Creating Application Health Dashboards, Machine Learning Projects
- Deep level expertise in instrumentation, customization and usage of modern monitoring toolset such as Dynatrace and Geneos.
- Strong Knowledge of Unix /Bash scripting
- Good knowledge of Oracle, Sybase and MS SQL
- Working knowledge of Middleware (MQ Series, etc.), and J2EE applications
- Outstanding coding, debugging and analytical skills: Core problem solving skills, ability to analyze available data and potential solutions, eliminate possible solutions and select an optimal solution
Additional requirements About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's Degree in computer science
- Good English writing skills, CET6 is preferred
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers