2022 Technology Summer Analyst (Shanghai)
Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With offices in more than 41 countries, the Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments, institutions and individuals.
As a market leader, Morgan Stanley considers the talent and passion of our people critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. With Morgan Stanley, you can enjoy a strong foundation to build a professional career - a place for you to learn and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses and to our own.
Summer Analyst Program
The Summer Analyst Program at Morgan Stanley Shanghai is a 10-week full-time internship commencing early July 2022. The program is designed to offer a real-world, project-based experience that will demonstrate first-hand what it's like to be a technologist for a world class financial firm. Interns who excel in the Summer Analyst Program are prioritized for an offer to join Morgan Stanley's full-time Technology Analyst Program (TAP) upon graduation from university. Interns who receive a full-time offer at the end of the program can choose between a March or August 2023 start date, depending on their graduation.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree or PhD candidates expecting to graduate between December 2022 and July 2023, specializing in computer science, software engineering, electronics or any other IT-related major
- Superior technical skills, including a strong understanding of Linux/Unix and Windows, competency in at least one programming language (e.g. C, C++, Java, C# or Python), as well as experience in object-oriented development
- Good comprehension of data structures, algorithms and complexity theory, strong database and scripting skills
- A good communicator, not only fluent in English, but also capable of explaining and articulating complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences
- A passion for learning combined with excellent team spirit
- Applicants must have the right to work full time in Mainland China
Application deadline: April 15, 2022