- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Mar 18
Associate Analyst 3, Sub-Sovereign
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, ChinaThe Role / Responsibilities:
The Associate Analyst role is primarily responsible for providing support to lead analysts to conduct credit research on regional/local governments and government-related issuers in China, facilitate the monitoring of existing ratings and the assignment of new ratings for Chinese sub-sovereign issuers.
This opportunity involves developing an in-depth knowledge of regional/local governments and writing thought-leading research. You may be responsible for conducting outreach with government officials and intermediaries to develop visibility for Moody's as this sector evolves.
- Develop in-depth knowledge of the system of regional/local governments (RLGs) in China
- Monitor economic trends and developments, follow central government and think tank announcements and studies on the sector, analyze government financial statements, monitor financial market activities, analyze credit quality using both quantitative and qualitative methods, and accumulate in-depth knowledge of the RLG sector in China.
- Build and maintain high quality relationships with senior management at Chinese RLGs.
- Write in-depth, high quality, insightful and focused research on credit trends and specific issuers.
- Perform and present in-depth fundamental credit analysis effectively and comprehensively on a regular basis at internal meetings.
- Actively participate in regular outreach events such as investor briefings, teleconferences, conferences and third party presentations
- Strong academic background is required. Graduate degree or equivalent, preferably in Economics, International Relations, Finance, Business, or Public Administration
- 1-2 year experience in public finance or relevant credit research experience is essential
- Understanding of Chinese public finance sector
- Excellent communication skills - able to communicate clearly and succinctly, both orally and in writing
- Strong quantitative aptitude and proven analytical skills
- Financial/statistical research capabilities
- Highly organised and efficient, with ability to multi-task and able to meet tight deadlines
- Self-starter, able to function effectively with minimal supervision
- Fluency in English and Mandarin is essential.
- Strong MS Office skills; principally Excel, Word and PowerPoint
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
MIS and MSS Candidates are asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.