Associate Director, Business Development (11123)
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Fitch Ratings
- 19 Sep 18 2018-09-19
Associate Director, Business Development (11123)
Dual-headquartered in New York and London, Fitch Ratings is a leading provider of credit ratings, commentary and research. Dedicated to providing value beyond the rating through independent and prospective credit opinions, Fitch Ratings offers global perspectives shaped by strong local market experience and credit market expertise. The additional context, perspective and insights we provide help investors to make important credit judgments with confidence.
Fitch Solutions delivers credit market data, analytical tools and risk services to the global financial community. In addition to offering proprietary market based content, Fitch Solutions distributes the ratings, research and financial data of Fitch Ratings through a variety of flexible platforms. With innovation and experience behind every solution, Fitch Solutions helps financial professionals meet the diverse and evolving needs of today's global markets.
Fitch Ratings and Fitch Solutions, along with Fitch Learning and BMI Research, are part of the Fitch Group, a global leader in financial information services with operations in more than 30 countries. Fitch Group is majority-owned by Hearst .
Fitch complies with all laws governing employment in each jurisdiction in which it operates, and provides equal opportunity to all applicants and employees. All applications will be considered without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, and other status protected by applicable laws.
The Greater China Business Relationship Management (BRM) division provides tactical marketing and business development management covering all Fitch Ratings product groups. The team is responsible for:
- Issuer Marketing (across Sovereign , Financial Institutions, Corporates, Structured Finance, International Public Finance and Infrastructure Finance and amongst others)
- Banker / Arranger outreach
- Manage visibility and positioning Fitch in Greater China and Asia
The job holder will be responsible for Financial Institutions (FI) BRM effort in Shanghai to cover issuers/bankers in the area south to the Yangzi River excluding Guangdong. This position reports to Greater China BRM team head and is part of the Greater China FI BRM team.
The job holder will oversee new issuer relationship development for Banks, Non-Bank Financial Institutions (NBFI), Insurance, and Fund & Asset Management Companies (FAMs), with a view to secure international rating mandates and drive growth objectives. The job holder is expected to manage existing relationships with a view to sustain Fitch's leadership position in Greater China cross border debt capital markets.
The job holder will engage with CFOs and senior financial contacts within issuers and market participants to position Fitch to win businesses. He/She will be responsible for maintaining and nurturing relationships with the FIG investment bankers and arrangers to track deal flow and access market intelligence to support Fitch's business origination in Greater China.
The job holder is also responsible for maintaining and tracking DCM deal flows and provides monthly activity reports - plans, successes, challenges & strategy.
- Maintain and build existing financial institution relationships in covered area and acquire new relationships via direct marketing to the targeted Banks, NBFI, Insurance and FAMs.
- Nurture relationships with investment banks and arrangers that specialize in cross border debt capital markets to secure business leads and position Fitch for rating mandates from potential issuers.
- Raise the visibility for Fitch Ratings with all stakeholders via various outreach initiatives (conferences, seminars, one-on-one meetings, electronic delivery, analyst meetings).
- Work in close co-ordination with Analytical Team Heads
- Extensive travel in China and occasionally Hong Kong is expected.
- Maximize opportunities for Fitch Group to cross sell products of Fitch Solutions / Fitch Learning / BMI Research in co-ordination with team members in these respective companies.
- Manage housekeeping issues such as Compliance audits, Process Flows, Debtor collections, MIS Submissions etc.
Qualifications and experience:
- A minimum of 5 years relevant marketing or relationship management experience in debt capital markets or banking/financial services sectors
- College or MBA degree with specialization in business, finance and other relevant disciplines
- Credit knowledge, some exposure to Bloomberg, effective presentation and negotiation skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with senior management (ie CFO) and market participants on important industry issues
- Proven track record in achieving revenue targets
- Good interpersonal skills and a team player
- Good command of spoken and written Mandarin Chinese and English