China Securities Company - Senior Software Engineer - Shanghai
About our Securities Company
China represents one of the largest opportunities for many of our clients and J.P. Morgan globally and is a critical component of our growth plans in Asia Pacific. With the country's continued liberalization of the financial sector, including its most recent announcements regarding majority foreign ownership of securities companies, we are committing ourselves to building out a world-class securities company in China. Overview of the Role
This position is for a Software Engineer role of China Securities Technology team, which supports wide range of business activities for four main LOBs: agency trading, principal trading, research, and investment banking, and for some of the corporate function areas.
Job Description / Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will work with local and regional Technology/business/compliance/control/operations/vendor teams to ensure all business applications are appropriately developed, managed, integrated, tested, and supported.
- The primarily responsible for the application service delivery, managing & supporting front office, middle office and back office trading applications, securities compliance systems, business communication, work with regulatory bodies/exchange/external banks/audit around the technology solutions.
- The candidate needs to be able to manage multiple projects and applications, ensuring proper planning and implementation, dealing frequently for tasks with short deadlines.
- Ability to form deep relationship with the business and understand their goals and design technology solutions to help advance their agenda.
- Strong knowledge of the China securities markets and regulatory environment to enable the candidate to effectively face off to regulators, facilitate the delivery of regulatory compliant products, and ensure regional and global teams understand the requirements of the location.
- Help in identifying, coordinating, and implementing initiatives/projects and activities that create efficiencies and optimize technical processing
- Work with business team, operations team, Tech AD groups, LOB TCO (Technology Control Officer), Global Technology Infrastructure teams, compliance, and 3rd party vendor to deliver projects / tasks on-time, on-budget with high quality.
- Work with TCOs to ensure proper control and management of local applications/tools
- Manage day to day issues with the team including daily health checks of applications and processes, working closely with end users, development and Infrastructure teams, to prioritize and resolve and/or mitigate outages
- Ensures information controls, back-up and recovery strategies are in place across all environments
- Implement continuous process improvement, including but not limited to policy, procedures, and production monitoring
- Carefully evaluate alternative risks and solutions before taking action to provide timely resolution.
Qualifications / Experience:
- Responsible for technology project planning, management and implementation for onshore owned projects
- Keep strong partnership with different business stakeholders to ensure understanding of business requirement, working out project scope/plan and prioritizing time and resource.
- Manage or Oversight of all aspects from program initiation through to post implementation reviews, including forum(s), participants, meeting frequency, idea evaluation and prioritization criteria, and ongoing evaluation.
- Support local regulatory reporting, resiliency, audit and compliance activities from Tech perspective.
- Keep strong linkage with regional / global teams to leverage good practice, processes, functions and resources. Develop Adopt standard metrics and reporting, to deliver clear visibility of progress.
- Track and escalate risks and issues to drive their timely mitigation/resolution. Support Tech offshore teams in regional/global projects rollout to China
- Extended technology experience ideally with international securities trading and investment bank domain and 5 years' experience in a position in financial services, research and/or management consulting
- English and Mandarin language, both written and verbal is required
- Application development and support skill with the ability to do devops and SDLC mindset
- Knowledge of markets products Equities, Derivatives, Fixed-Income & Regulator Reporting would be advantage
- Experience in managing vendor and supplier relationships
- Strong communicator able to create and maintain people relationships
- High level of independence, energy and integrity
- Tactical thinking and strong analytical skills with high and fast learning capability.
- Good mindset of risk management and cyber security.
- Experience of working with internal audit teams and external regulators
- Experience in UNIX/Linux/Aix/Windows environment
- Experience with distributed applications
- Experience working with a variety of platforms, including Wintel, UNIX/Linux (RHEL experience preferred)
- Networking / Infrastructure / Database working knowledge a plus
- Experience of software development and coding
- Experience of managing troubleshooting - front/back-end application processes
- Experience of running programs that require interactions with regional technology teams. High level of independence, energy and integrity.
- Confident and organized with strong reasoning and influencing skills
- Ability to work in a demanding, fast paced environment and handle multiple, competing priorities and projects at one time
- Expert domain knowledge in equities cash, derivatives or fixed income business.
- Experience of facing audit and provide precise answer would be a plus