Compliance and Risk Officer
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients. POSITION
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 55 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
We are seeking a compliance and risk professional with deep regulatory experience in China who can apply their regulatory knowledge in a practical and pragmatic manner. Based in Shanghai, this individual will report to the General Manager in Shanghai and be managed by the Chief Compliance Officer for Asia Pacific in Hong Kong. In addition to working closely with the regional Compliance team, this individual will collaborate with the Director of Operational Risk Management for Asia to ensure that we have an appropriate risk management framework.
The Compliance and Risk Officer will lead our Compliance Program in China with these core responsibilities:
- Establishing a strong compliance culture and controls mindset in the Shanghai office
- Developing and updating local policies and procedures that supplement our global policies and procedures
- Introducing and maintaining an effective risk management framework in the Shanghai office with support from the Operational Risk Management function
- Supporting the PFM licence application and registration of private funds
- Maintaining the company and individual licences with the Chinese regulatory bodies
- Handling regulatory filings to and enquiries from the Chinese regulatory bodies, including the CSRC, AMAC and the Shanghai Financial Bureau, etc.
- Supporting our business development and fund marketing efforts in China for compliance with applicable KYC/AML and fund-raising regulatory requirements
- Developing and conducting compliance training for colleagues involved in the China business
- Managing the annual routine compliance audits by external auditors and any regulatory inspections
- Working with the broader Operational Risk Management team to ensure regulatory expectations regarding operational risk management are understood and addressed
- Acting as liaison for Operational Risk Management with local staff and other governing bodies as appropriate
- Participating in department or cross-functional projects/initiatives as they arise
SKILLS JOB TITLE
- Around 8 to 10 years of financial services industry experience, including at least 5 years in compliance at reputable financial or private fund institutions
- A baseline knowledge of and experience working with operational risk management
- Passed the AMAC Fund Practitioners Qualification Exam and obtained the qualification for private fund business
- Highest personal and professional integrity and ethics
- Have not received a bad credit score or ban from market entry by the CSRC in the last three years
- Effective written and verbal communication skills in both Mandarin and English
- Good judgment, professional maturity, organisation and analytical skills
- Creativity and ability to work under pressure independently as well as in a team environment
Compliance and Risk Officer LOCATION
As an equal opportunity employer, Wellington Management ensures that all qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, creed, national origin, age, ancestry, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, citizenship, marital status, pregnancy, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable law . If you are a candidate with a disability, or are assisting a candidate with a disability, and require an accommodation to apply for one of our jobs, please email us at GMCANINQ@wellington.com .