Developer - Java
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Mar 18 2018-03-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology plays a critical role in the firm. Developers in this role will join the software development life cycle together with other team members. We require the candidate to have solid technical experience and good written and spoken English. The ideal candidate will demonstrate an eagerness to learn the existing platforms, and be proactive in designing and building the next generation of systems to meet business demands.
Skills Required (essential) :
· Strong technical background including proficiency in Object Oriented Design and in-depth knowledge of Core Java.
· Experience of Linux development environment.
· Experience of XML.
· Familiar with one relational db such as DB2, Sybase, Oracle
· Experience of Java Script
· Strong problem solving skills
Skills Desired :
· Knowledge of MQ;
· Experience with scripting language such as Perl/Python/Shell;
· Experience in database performance tuning
· Experience in perforce or similar source-control system