Developer - Python
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
See job description for details
You will join a team who writes automation libraries and tools that are central to the daily work of thousands of developers in Morgan Stanley. The extensive toolkit provides functionality enabling automation, functional testing, and performance benchmarking, of applications from front-office algorithmic trading engines, to back-end systems, and data-distribution systems.
The team is highly focused and works closely with end users to evolve the product, define new APIs and influence development practices in depth, with a strong focus on test-centric development. The toolkit is developed in Python, with high-performance components in native code, and a Web UI for reporting.
Upcoming challenges include innovating with internal cloud infrastructure platforms, developing new user interfaces for improved scalability, and expand the core components to support new trading technologies. This is a growing area in Morgan Stanley, we are investing in our software development toolkits. The successful candidate will have opportunity to grow and shape our strategy across the Firm.
- You will work as a Developer primarily writing code in Python.
- Develop new code: we are expanding, innovating, and encourage trying new technologies.
- We move quickly: your code can be live in a few hours. Benefiting thousands of users worldwide.
- High quality: our software is very well written, extensively tested, clearly documented.
- Teamwork: you will be part of a collaborative team setting of like-minded peers. Work with some of the best technologists in the industry.
- Strong client focused: you will work directly with end-users in helping them use our platform
- Travel is a possibility to meet with users of our tools around the globe.
- Excellent Python
- Java very desirable
- Proficiency with Linux system development.
- Good technical documentation skills/willingness to maintain developer oriented documentation.
- Knowledge of financial technologies (e.g. FIX) is a plus but not required.
- Client oriented mindset. Good communication skills for working with end-users.