- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Development LeadAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Scope Of Role:
Support the delivery of technology projects for in-country systems and applications.
- to meet business requirements
- to be in line with business & technology strategy
- to be in compliance with regulatory requirement and group standards
- to deliver project within budget and timeline
- Support system development senior manager/s in driving country technology strategic agenda.
- Prepare or facilitate vendor to prepare functional specification as per business requirements, user stories following SCB standard.
- Perform technical analysis, provide system solutions related to system / platform enhancement and facilitate the discussions on system interfaces.
- Work with business, technology teams and vendors to plan, develop, test, deliver and support the changes end-to-end.
- Test the vendor solutions throughout the testing stages including ST, SIT and support UAT, SAT, OAT, etc .
- Liaise with vendors to clarify and resolve issues reported.
- Write documentations such as technical specifications, test and implementation plan.
- Ensure all deliverables are strictly complied with SCB standards and policies.
- Discuss and review business requirements.
- Support in estimating effort and cost and recommend the desired solution.
- Work out the delivery plan and schedule for the system changes.
- Collaborate and w ork with group teams and country stakeholders to assess and manage interdependencies.
- Support project management team in ensuring the end-to-end software development lifecycle activities conforms to SCB system development framework and guideline.
- Depending on nature of project, will need to
- manage technology projects to timely completion, within budget and quality and in compliance with bank policy and processes, group project management standards and system development framework
- decompose the project into manageable work packages that can individually be priced in terms of resource requirements (time, cost, quality).
- define project specifications and scope, estimate costs, and develop detailed project execution plans and project work plans , also c ontrolling budgeted costs & minimizing expenses and project planning/scheduling improvements
- Support responses with sense of urgency and professionalism to regulatory requests
- Support risk team on the improvement of internal controls in project management
- Achieve satisfactory audit performance in internal and external audits
- Support in identification of group/regulatory risks, issues and interdependencies and escalates these to the appropriate project governance committee
- Fulfill audit and management requirements of the projects undertaken
- 10 years of IT application development experiences as a senior technology professional, preference in banking industry
- Posses strong knowledge and application of system development methodologies, project management experience with PMP and/or Scrum master certification is plus
- Strong business acumen to understand business impact and risks in the Banking environment.
- Ability to forward plan and analyze interdependencies
- Must be a self-starter with excellent service attitude
- Analytical and be able to apply disciplined approach in delivery
- A good team player when engage in a multi-disciplinary and internationally diverse team.
- Able to lead and motivate people
- Customer oriented & focused
- Strong proficiency in spoken and written in English, proficiency in spoken and written in Chinese - strongly preferred
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.