Director of Market Research
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 22 Sep 17
Do you love thinking through complex research design, developing questionnaires and executing on a diverse range of market research studies? Are you detail orientated, have experience working with broad spectrum of methodologies and can apply these to answer research questions? Are you interested using your market research skills to support investment banking equity research analysts in answering key questions important to our clients? We are looking for people like that to:
• Interpret briefs from internal equity research analysts who cover a broad range of industries including and not limited to Technology, Communications, FMCG, CPG, Pharmaceuticals, Healthcare, Financial Services, Automotive, Industrials;
• Create robust survey designs, questionnaires and discussion guides that address pivotal questions and use your analytical skills (using SPSS and Excel) to transform data into actionable insights;
• Work closely with external vendors and suppliers to manage fieldwork and execute on the market research studies;
• Work closely with colleagues based across UBS's offices in Europe, Asia, and the Americas to leverage expertise, and be the go-to person for key stakeholders in the research department including senior management and product teams.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be based in Shanghai and working in the Investment Banking Equity Research Department, working closely with the firm's equity research analysts to help them get unique information on the industries they cover by conducting market research surveys. Your immediate team works together to leverage each other's experience and share best practices to ensure the effective development of an internal capability across UBS's offices in Europe, APAC, and the Americas. Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
You can learn more about Evidence Lab http://about-neo.ubs.com/content/ubs-evidence-lab-do-you-have-what-it-takes here.
Your experience and skills
• Experience in designing, executing, and analyzing results of quantitative market research projects (including writing questionnaires and table specifications) in a leading market research agency or a consulting firm;
• Experience with multiple quantitative sampling and data acquisition methods (internet, phone, face-to-face interviews, mystery audits etc.);
• Strong knowledge of quantitative research and related statistical principles;
• Experience in designing and leading multi-market tracking studies for both consumer and business-to-business research;
• Deep knowledge in one or more industries (FMCG, Technology, Healthcare, Financial Services etc.) and geographic
• Creative in designing research to meet clients' information needs and budgets;
• Able to explain market research principles and interpret findings for clients with little market research experience;
• Currently working at a Director or Associate Director level at a research agency or equivalent in-house on the client-side.
• Bi-lingual in Mandarin and English with strong verbal and written communication skills in both
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.