Global Investment Research, Macro Research, Commodities, Analyst - Shanghai
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB YOUR IMPACT
Are you passionate about research and generating investment ideas? We're looking for a professional to join our Commodities team in Shanghai, to develop valuable insights and investment ideas for our clients. OUR IMPACT
From macroeconomic forecasts to individual stock analysis, our team develops tools and insights to help shape investment strategies for clients and the firm. Our analysts work on client-focused research in the equity, fixed-income, currency, and commodities markets, mining big data that enters markets around the world each day to identify game-changing insights. You'll be part of a team that is intellectually curious, creative, analytical, and passionate about performing market research. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
The commodities analyst will work within GIR's Macro Research group as part of the Commodities team. The Macro Research group consists of country economists, commodity analysts and portfolio strategists. Commodity analysts cover energy research, metals, bulks, investor and corporate strategy. The team provides forecasts/outlook for commodities prices, demand and supply.
SUMMARY OF RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Data gathering, analyses and presentation
- Building and maintaining forecasting models
- Researching and writing reports including thematic pieces
- Communicating commodities views with sales, trading and clients
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Master's in economics with extensive experience in macroeconomic research OR
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in economic research working either within an investment bank, economic institution or trading house providing market views, forecasts and recommendations or investment strategies
- Strong quantitative and analytical background
- An enthusiastic researcher/model builder
- A proven capability for original and thought-provoking research
- Strong interpersonal and communication (written and verbal) skills and ability to interact with global stakeholders
- Excellent in written and spoken English, proficient in Mandarin
- Ability to work in a team-based environment and adapt to a dynamic and changing organization
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2020. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity