HR, Talent Development and Diversity & Inclusion Advisor, Director/VP, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is one of the world’s largest diversified financial services companies, with a reputation for excellence in advice and execution on a global scale. The firm maintains leading market positions in its three primary businesses – securities, investment management and credit services. With more than 1200 offices in 41 countries, Morgan Stanley connects people, ideas and capital to help clients achieve their financial aspirations.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career – a place for people to learn, to achieve and to grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
Human Resources is committed to recruiting and retaining talented individuals and positioning them to excel. Our HR professionals provide a full range of services including: human capital planning, creating strategies to attract, develop and reward employees; promoting a diverse workforce; fostering employee engagement; designing competitive pay and benefit plans; and proactively addressing employee matters. Job Profile
This role reports into the Asia Head of Talent Development and Diversity & Inclusion and the HR Country Head China. The role supports the Talent Development and Diversity & Inclusion function by managing business specific requests and advising on and running talent and diversity programs across China.
Working within our existing Talent Development and Diversity & Inclusion framework, you will work with and influence key stakeholders within Human Resources, China Division Heads/Ops Officers, and external partners. Primary Responsibilities
• Understands the business, market /country and HR needs and priorities; and translates these insights into an executable talent development and diversity & inclusion strategy locally, with relevant consideration for the regional and global strategies;
• Collaborates with the local and regional HR teams, Business units, external experts etc., to execute successfully on the talent and diversity & inclusion strategy, ensuring outcomes are effectively reported and analyzed for continuous improvement;
• Participates in ongoing communication with relevant stakeholders to influence best practice outcomes which are organizationally relevant;
• Support diversity & inclusion initiatives by managing programs specific to China business units and partner with Employee Network Groups;
• Support discussions with, and manage implementation for, professional, management and leadership programs for China business clients;
• Manage learning and development vendors – be involved in the process of identifying, empanelling and assessing trainers for programs;
• Deliver training programs (in a limited capacity) and facilitate train the trainer programs to enable BUs to deliver internal sessions;
• Keep up to date with innovative talent practices and relevant policy and regulatory changes that impact the region. Qualifications: Skills required
• Good understanding of Learning and Development/ Diversity & Inclusion related practices and processes;
• Self-motivated and strong team player; participates and contributes actively to the regional and local HR teams;
• Consistently demonstrates clear and concise written and verbal communication skills. Facilitation experience would be an advantage;
• Strong organizational skills and demonstrated ability to drive multiple projects and initiatives with multiple stakeholders;
• Proven ability to build solid relationships with global, regional and local stakeholders at all levels.
• Sound judgement with confidential and sensitive matters, including data
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Experience
• 7+ years working in Learning and Development/Diversity and Inclusion
Prior experience leading Talent, Learning & Development and Diversity & Inclusion initiatives for a multi-national organization.