IT Software Engineer - Equities - Order Management - Java
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 17 Nov 17
Are you passionate about technology and bringing systems to life? Do you enjoy building close working relationships with your business and IT colleagues? We're looking for someone like that to help us.
This is a Server side role involved in building core technology for Equities Front Office Applications. You will be focusing on direct development related activities such as coding, design, configuration management, and support.
You will be a ‘hands on' developer working within a small focused team with exposure to Equity personnel. You will be part of a development team that is an integral part of a high energy front-office environment.
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in almost 900 offices and more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
You'll be working in the APAC Cash Equities IT team in Shanghai. We are a global team spread in APAC, UK and US. The role requires participation with different teams and our team members across those regions.
Your experience and skills
- Minimum 5 years of experience in core Java
- Minimum of 5 years hands on experience with data structures, algorithms, and network programming using Java NIO
- Minimum of 5 years extensive development expertise in high performance, high availability, high throughout, high capacity, yet low latency, transaction-oriented, distributed system, preferably in a financial environment
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with order management systems or order state handling
- Minimum of 5 years' experience with development on a Unix and/or Linux environment
- In the case of clearly exceptional candidates some elements of the above will be flexible.
- Highly committed, and able to build very close working relationships with both the business and support teams.
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.