Investor Relationship Manager, Beijing/Shanghai/Shenzhen
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Morgan Stanley Private Equity Asia is one of the leading private equity investors in Asia Pacific, having invested in the region for over 25 years. Private Equity Asia invests primarily in highly structured minority investments and control buyouts in growth-oriented companies at attractive valuations. The experienced investment team is led by senior professionals with extensive industry relationships, in-depth market knowledge and the ability to apply international investment principles within each local context. Private Equity Asia has offices in Hong Kong, Beijing, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Seoul, Tokyo, Mumbai and New York, and leverages the brand and unparalleled global network of Morgan Stanley to source investment intelligence and opportunities.
Based in Beijing, Shanghai
and as a key member of Private Equity Asia team for the RMB Fund, the Investor Relationship Manager will work closely with other Private Equity professionals to strengthen and leverage investor relationships.
-Maintain relationships with existing investors including queries handling, regular visits, meetings and reporting etc.
- Manages middle office functions including capital calls, drawdowns, quarterly reporting, investor stake transfer, drafting of presentation materials & client notices and memos etc. and other administrative duties
- Coordinate with back office functions including LCD, finance, tax etc. to ensure the accuracy of internal procedure in relation to IR management system and support onboarding process
- Develop new relationships with potential investors through local industry contacts and activities to support fundraising function
- Maintain and manage relationships with local government bodies and agencies
- Manage public relation (PR) projects and sponsored fund marketing events including conference/ summit, roadshow, interviews, award nominations etc.
- Work with other business units for cross-selling opportunities Qualifications:
-A university degree
-At least 4-5 years of hands on investors/clients relationship management experience, ideally from PE/VC/FA/FOF or Wealth Management
-Ability to work collaboratively as part of the deal team
- Demonstrated knowledge of private equity markets
- Solid understanding and passion for analyzing a business from an investor’s perspective
- Demonstrated in-depth knowledge of private equity investments strategy and philosophy, business fundamentals, valuation approaches and industry dynamics etc
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficient in excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with the ability to read, write and speak both English and Mandarin necessary
- Willing to travel
- Can work under stress