We are looking for a junior software engineer to join our expanding Shanghai office. The person will undertake software development tasks across our trading/transmission systems, risk/accounting systems and back office/reporting systems.
- Develop new software and maintain existing software
- Clearly and effectively communicate your projects, and in general, to both your peers and manager on a timely basis. Liaise with colleagues and attend meetings as necessary to perform duties and enhance business proposals and organisational developments
- Understand relevant financial markets and the company’s software tools. Suggest and implement changes to in-house tools to streamline different business processes to adapt the dynamic environment
- Maintain and improve programming and statistical skills to retain a competitive advantage. Attend training to develop relevant knowledge and skills
- Work within team shift system where necessary and provide occasional ‘on-call’ support to cover out-of-hours business or public holidays as required
What We're Looking For:
- Bachelor/Master’s degree in computer science, Information Technology, Electronic Engineering, or a related field from top universities
- 1-3 years’ experience in software development.
- Good understanding of .NET framework. Proficient in at least one of these programming languages C#, C++.
- Proficient at relational database development, preferably MS SQL server (T-SQL)
- Attention to detail, can work independently but also a team player
- Able to stay calm, think clearly and solve problems under pressure
- Fluent in English and Mandarin
What Would Be Useful:
- Web development experience
- Python development experience
- Previous experience in investment management