- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank China
- 03 Jan 18
Manager, Business Re-engineering, SSO (Shanghai)
- Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
Please view Job Description for details.Scope of Role:
- To re-engineer the operating model of Securities Operations - Business Planning, Data analytics, Control and Support, etc.
- To review and monitor the delivery of monthly management information reports, including Heat Map reports, MIS reports, KPI report, management statistics relating Securities Services
- To review and monitor the function of controlling account documentation and maintenance, Static data maintenance, billing and invoicing management, vault management, system profile and access maintenance and control, Departmental Operating Instruction Manual ("DOIM") maintenance, back up UORM on Key Control Self Assessment ("KCSA"), Suspense/ Sundry/ Control account reconciliation and office administration.
- To oversight departmental's financial data including budget, operations cost and revenue data
- To take proactive action to ensure continuous improvement and effective risk management in order to protect clients' and Bank's interests.
- To support the business in meeting its obligations on the prevention of money laundering under the Group's policy and Standards, and under local law and regulations
- Support new business initiatives
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- To ensure timeliness and quality statistics analysis to management, internal department or clients
- To ensure that all reports meet management requirements and support the related project/enhancement/audit
- To work closely with TB stakeholders and continuously raise the bar of service level through Due Diligence review, client service review, etc.
- Assist head of Securities Services in other managerial duties
- Set out the optimal operating model for China Securities Services
- Capacity planning
- Build managerial deck for regional senior management
- Analyze department data to optimize the service level offerings
Financial Data Analytics and Control
- To monitor and report financial data (including budget, forecast and periodic declaration)
- To ensure all provision, accrual and pre-paid accounts are in good order
- To ensure client account opening, amendment and closing (including hub account with other service centres) is under a smooth and well-defined process
- To work with Global Shared Service Centre ("GSSC") on account maintenance in the respective system and seek improvement opportunities
- To ensure a proper filing and retrieval system on account documentation, including client and internal documentation such as Service Level Agreement with service providers
- To ensure compliance with KYC or other account opening policies. Handle related project / enhancement/audit
- System access maintenance and control
- Vault Management
- Billing and Invoice Management
- Monitor of performance of vendors and service hubs
- Suspense/Sundry/Control Account Management
- Message Control: oversight fax/ SWIFT/ letter distribution and courier service for Securities Services
- To ensure Business Continuity Plan ("BCP") and Disaster Continuity Plan ("DCP)" are fully tested and functional to adequately cater for contingency in Securities Services
- To ensure ad hoc projects and supporting duties assigned are satisfactorily and promptly accomplished
- To guide and motivate the team to be effective including crewing of resources to support other area of Operations.
- To motivate, train and develop staff to achieve high quality service to clients and avoid errors
- To comply with the Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and be alert at all times to unusual or possibly suspicious customer's activities.
- To report any suspicious activity to the respective Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and the line manager as well as Country Money Laundering Prevention Officer if considered necessary.
Qualifications and Skills
Qualifications & Skills
- University graduate with a degree in accounting, finance or related discipline
- Relevant experience in SS/FM operations with practical experience in process setup/review project, CDC bond agency license is a plus;
- Good team player and equip the experience in dealing the team previously. Able to develop and maintain good relationship with clients and colleagues
- Able to provide professional guidelines and advice to clients on operational issues as well as enhancing procedures and controls
- Able to work independently and effectively
- Meticulous with detail and be able to identify gaps in Securities Services operations
Diversity and Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.