The China team is seeking a Relationship Manager to join Winton’s Shanghai office. This role will help accelerate the growth of our already substantial global Alpha Capture programme. The successful candidate will join a small team of Relationship Managers and will have responsibility for our China relationships at the firm and contributor level. This role will work closely with our investment management team to combine inputs from the programme with our quantitative strategies.
- Building and maintaining relationships with China onshore partners (e.g. sell-side brokers, alternative data vendors) at a contributor and firm level.
- Identifying new opportunities for our Alpha Capture programme in terms of signals, relationships and technology.
- Working with Winton’s quant investment group to grow our Alpha Capture program.
- Producing performance analysis reports to closely monitor and communicate with the contributors and firms; to encourage better alpha and deeper connections.
- Joining client meetings with colleagues to present the program and relevant products.
- Preparing internal reports for management information.
- Representing the Company at relevant industry seminars and other events as appropriate.
- 4-8 years of working experience in an external facing role in China financial markets. For example, Equity Sales, Equity Trader, Product Structuring, Data Market Operation.
- Good understanding of China equity markets with familiarity with Alpha Capture is essential.
- Basic technology skills (e.g. Python, MATLAB, SQL, Bloomberg) and quantitative knowledge (statistics).
- Ability to generate successful commercial relationships with counterparties in financial institutions.
- Evidence of high levels of self-motivation, strong work ethic and determination.
- Strong presentation & interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.