- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Mar 18
Location: Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, ChinaThe Role / Responsibilities:
Financial reporting, analysis and statutory audit
- Complete monthly P&L and Balance sheet reports under US GAAP within monthly close timetable deadlines.
- Resolve issues and unreconciling items in the accounts within the timeframe given in the company policy.
- Identify discrepancies between GL and sub-modules in ERP system and liaise with the system team and AP Hub to have these resolved.
- Provide explanations on key variance fluctuations.
- Submit monthly pack of balance sheet reconciliations in accordance with company policy.
- Prepare monthly reconciliations for local GAAP adjustments or alternate account balances.
- Prepare financials and analysis on a quarterly basis for the country manger meeting.
- Ensure compliance of internal control policies in respect to local office activities, identify change/breach to controls and timely report/escalate.
- Advise manager of any change/breach to controls in the procedure manuals.
- Assist internal audit team during internal audits.
- Prepare monthly filings for accounting documents (vouchers, invoices, T&E claims, bank slips, etc)
- Advise finance hubs, financial system team or other specialist teams if any issues arise that may impact their areas.
- Provide recommendations on improvements to operations (efficiency, system or control based).
- Advise systems teams of any changes to chart of accounts structure or local statutory related requirements that impact the financial systems.
- Issue commercial and PRC tax invoices to customers and maintain PRC tax invoice registration with Tax Bureau
- Prepare monthly sub-ledger reconciliation in ERP system
- Monitor the cash collection from customers and update in ERP system
- Prepare and enter monthly accounting entries based on Moody's or local accounting policies, as applicable.
- Prepare year end local GAAP statutory accounting entries to ensure US and local accounts reflect audit adjustments.
- Reconcile prior period closing balance with current period opening balance once roll forward has occurred.
- Liaise with HR on support and format of payroll related entries.
- Ensure all accounting entries are adequately supported and completed in accordance with company policies.
- Work closely with AP hub, review accounts payable invoices and supporting, provide correct instruction to AP hub to ensure postings under G/L reflect the correct accounts, amounts, departments, geography etc.
- Prepare and analyze all inter-company transactions within the region and allocation from RHQ.
- Review and confirm the monthly netting report for each business unit.
- Provide financials and related information for tax filings on time and work closely with tax team to ensure local tax filing obligations are filed on time.
- Familiar with and prepare various statutory filing requirement, including but not limited to statistical, finance, SAFE, AIC, etc and coordinate with related parties to collect information, prepare workings and submit filings on time.
- Provide timely update for statutory filing requirement especially when changes occurred, ensure year end financial books are closed within legal deadlines.
- Preparation of annual audit pack and supporting documentation, respond to auditors' queries and work with auditors to have the audit completed within the agreed timeframe. Provide status reports and summaries during the audit process
- Monitoring cash balances, preparation of weekly/monthly cash flow forecast and propose fund transfers accordingly
- Act as local contact for banks and work with Treasury teams to manage bank accounts including open/close bank accounts, annual inspection, bank reconciliations and other ad hoc tasks
- Assist Treasury team in dividend payments if any
The Local accountant has overall responsibility for the financial activities in their respective entities.
The financial activities covered by the local accountant are:
- Financial reporting and analysis for entities in Shenzhen, Beijing and Shanghai (US and local GAAP)
- Internal controls
- Accounting operations
- Billing and Accounts receivable
- Financial, statistical, tax filings and statutory audit
- Treasury related matters
- Degree holder in Accounting & Finance with professional qualification
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant experience in a multi-national corporation environment
- Proficiency in ERP System (SAP, Oracle, Peoplesoft, etc) is a plus
- Good knowledge of PRC GAAP, statistical and statutory filings; and US GAAP is a plus
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and organizational skills
- Detail-oriented and able to work under tight deadlines and manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Fluency in both written and spoken English is a MUST
- Billing and tax invoice issuance experience is preferred
- Audit experience in Big 4 is a plus
- Willing and able to travel occasionally
Moody's is an essential component of the global capital markets, providing credit ratings, research, tools and analysis that contribute to transparent and integrated financial markets. Moody's Corporation (NYSE: MCO) is the parent company of Moody's Investors Service, which provides credit ratings and research covering debt instruments and securities, and Moody's Analytics, which offers leading-edge software, advisory services and research for credit and economic analysis and financial risk management. The Corporation, which reported revenue of $3.6 billion in 2016, employs approximately 10,700 people worldwide and maintains a presence in 36 countries. Further information is available at www.moodys.com.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.