Accounting role for global top tier quant trading house
This Senior Accountant role within the global finance organization will be responsible for interfacing with the local China office and our global finance department to provide full support of our China business.
The Senior Accountant will perform many aspects of the accounting function and will provide local financial support for tax, treasury, reporting, and record keeping as well as support local business partnerships. You will collaborate closely with other members of finance and the business to support and ensure compliance for accurate local and group reporting. You will be faced with new challenges that will continuously leave you looking for ways to help and support the team and firm. Responsibilities:
- Manage local accounting service provider relationship locally, with oversight and coordination from our global finance organization.
- Coordinate month-end close process and reconciliation for local legal entity
- Participate in cash and capital forecasting.
- Coordinate necessary documentation for vendor payments and tax filings
- Maintain primary coordination for local audit activities and examinations, with oversight from our global finance organization.
- Work closely with other teams to ensure decision support for accurate local and group reporting.
- Handle local treasury tasks including bank account administration, audit matters, and liquidity and margin management.
- Participate in other Finance projects, as required.
- Ensure timely, accurate completion of related special project/analysis work and other ad hoc tasks as requested of others within the Department.
- At least five years of relevant work experience in accounting, preferably in the financial services space.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative to define and resolve problems
- Detail-oriented, organized, and excellent documentation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills