Senior Business Consultant, Decision Analytics
Role and Responsibilities
- Ensure that all solution designs maximize the business benefits to be gained by the client and solve their specific problems. Also ensure that software and scoring solutions are effectively integrated across the business.
- Lead business consulting team; coach junior consultants and analysts on the project to maximize the effectiveness of their approach.
- To be responsible for the quality, consistency and accuracy of all deliverables
- To be responsible for all aspects of the deliverable, including working with sales and/or project manager, reviewing and in some cases preparing the project specification for complex analytics
- To allocate resource, plan for project and work with the client deliverable at each stage
- To build a team of appropriate size and skills to meet the demands and projections of business and clients in the AP markets
- To be responsible for staff development / training - and career path development
- Decipher the differing risk analytics and business needs of varying clients and establish flexible business strategies and risk algorithms to address these specific needs.
- Analyze data to extract risk analytics patterns, identify emerging trends, and present detailed metrics of overall risk management solution effectiveness.
- Identify new risk trends and implement processes and logic to mitigate losses in close collaboration with Analytics team.
- Consult with clients to identify where the risk controls could be improved including, but not limited to, business process evaluation, loss trend analysis, and defect analysis, and deliver recommendations and business justification to client executives.
- Ensure end-to-end quality execution of data analysis and risk projects, client tuning, and ongoing performance metrics.
- Drive the development and delivery of risk and product training curriculum for clients and partners.
- Facilitate and drive performance management processes
- Champion a culture where the fair treatment of customers is at the heart of the Experian business. Ensure that by leading by example, you adhere to all regulatory requirements and apply appropriate controls in the interests of customers. Through the adoption of a top down approach, demonstrate a culture where all of our people understand their regulatory obligations, including what the fair treatment of customer's means to them and our organization.
- At least 7 years' experience
- Strong functional or consultancy experience within a relevant vertical market/industry sector.
- At least Bachelor's degree major in statistical, financial engineer, finance or mathematical elements.
- Excellent knowledge of consumer risk management with particular expertise in at least two part of the customer lifecycle (eg origination, customer management, collections, fraud, internet payment, sales & marketing) for China market in both traditional business and emerging online/mobile business area
- Ideally knowledge and work experience in the banking and financial services industry; good operational business knowledge
- Excellent PC skills, and familiar with statistical software such as SAS, SPSS, Splus and MATLAB
- Experience in analytics and business strategy related consultancy; ideally good international experience.
- Strong presentation skill, problem solving ability, and strong influencing, negotiation & engagement capabilities
- Innovative, with demonstrated thought leadership
- Fluency in both English and Chinese
- Ability to solicit and organize qualitative and quantitative data from Client sources and demonstrated ability to organize findings in a clear and consistent format