The Senior Fund Accountant is responsible for the day to day administration of the fund allocated and will strive to be a one point contact to the investment manager of the funds and the investors of the funds.
- Monitor cash activity of the fund and prepare broker reconciliations on a periodic basis.
- Liaise with prime brokers and investment managers to resolve cash breaks.
- Monitor portfolio positions on a periodic basis.
- Process corporate actions to reconcile cash accounts and positions.
- Independently price the Investment positions on a monthly, weekly or daily basis.
- Prepare net asset valuation for the funds on a monthly, weekly or daily basis as required by the investment managers.
- Process subscription and redemption activities in a timely manner.
- Co-ordinate documentations for capital activities to ensure AML compliance.
- Prepare financial statements and liaise with auditors to ensure timely completion of audits.
- Senior Fund Accountant is required to train and supervise junior staff, and review tasks performed by them, and assist in any ad hoc tasks being assigned by managers.
- Senior Fund Accountant: at least 3 years fund accounting experience or public accounting experience with funds, having exposure to a wide range of global investment activities. Applicant with less experience or fresh graduate will be considered for Fund Accountant position.
- A University degree in Business majoring in Accountancy.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills – English.
- Advanced computer skills.
- A professional designation such a C.A., C.P.A., or C.M.A. etc., would be an asset.
To be successful in these roles, it is envisaged that you are a motivated and self driven individual eager to contribute and grow with the organization. Knowledge of financial products and environments along with prior fund accounting experience will ensure your success. Critical to your ability to perform these roles will be your customer focus, attention to detail and team focus.