Technology,Developer in Core Infrastructure Development (CID),Associate,Shanghai
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 22 Apr 18 2018-04-22
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 42 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modeling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses'and to our own.
Core Infrastructure Development (CID)
The CID team owns a large number of client facing and backend applications that are used by all Firm employees during their day-to-day activities, including but not limited to Exchange related tooling, global software distribution and configuration, user facing data leakage prevention tooling, e-mail productivity tools, various management systems for the Firm's virtual environment, remote connectivity tooling, operating system testing tools, and operating system deployment tooling.
- As an Associate Developer, a successful candidate is going to be primarily involved in the Operating System Deployment Tooling area, as a hands-on developer. The candidate will be part of a wider team focusing software distribution, with developers located in Shanghai, and stakeholders in Montreal, New York, Budapest, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.
- The candidate will be responsible for developing business critical features, and will be expected to be part of the design process focusing on architectural changes, stability and performance improvements, and user experience tweaks.
Required Technical Skills
· Hands-on experience with web services, APIs, and REST
· Hands-on experience with distributed, large scale, highly available systems
· Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, Team City)
· Hands-on experience with SDLC, Agile, TDD, and various levels of automated testing
· Knowledge of design patterns and anti-patterns
Preferred Technical Skills but not required
· PowerShell knowledge
· Experience with Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager
· Active Directory and LDAP knowledge
· Knowledge of micro-services architecture and containerization