Technology - Business Technology Risk Officer, VP, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
The Business Technology Risk team ensures technology and information risks are effectively identified, assessed, controlled, managed and reported. They provide risk management awareness through effective communication, consultation and service to the client. This opportunity will provide the individual with a chance to liaise with senior members of the firm to lead top initiatives and directly engage with regulatory bodies and teams across the Asia region.
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Coordinate regional Technology audit/regulatory activities and reporting, negotiations, and responses.
- Perform an advisory role related to local market regulations, firm policy & procedures, system dependencies and best practices.
- Incident and stability management as it relates to regulatory engagement.
- Build strong relationships with senior Technology, Business and Compliance stakeholders across the region to drive continuous improvement of Technology Risk governance and processes.
- Manage and deliver region specific and firm-wide Technology Risk change programs.
- Promote risk education and awareness and provide senior management summaries as appropriate.