Technology - Communication and Event Management, Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
About Morgan Stanley Technology & Operations COO Team
The Technology & Ops COO team provides thought leadership, governance, enablement and control for Technology and Operations globally. This team focuses on multi-year financial planning, business management, change management, workforce strategy, governance, communication, engagement, and talent development.
This role manages a portfolio of internal and external communications and events under the direction of the Shanghai Technology Management and the Asia Technology Communications Lead.
The successful candidate will have experience of designing, planning, developing, and implementing a variety of communications, events, programs and initiatives. They will be result-driven and approach tasks with enthusiasm, creativity and great attention to detail.
A track record of managing multiple projects/events simultaneously is essential alongside, teamwork, stakeholder management and the ability to contribute to a global group. Candidates should have an interest in technology and financial services communications; however, previous experience in this field is desirable but not mandatory.
The primary focus for this role is to support communications strategy, Shanghai based events, programs and plans, in line with the Technology and Operations Communications plan. We are looking for a candidate from a communications and event management background who can own Shanghai Technology & Operations related events including content generation, logistics planning, coordination and execution of events end to end. The following activities are in scope for this particular role:
Internal and External Communications
- Supporting communications strategy, programs and management plan
- Ability to differentiate between internal and external communications
- Designing newsletters and building intranet sites while maintaining a regular flow of content
- Provide ad-hoc communications advice to local management, when appropriate
- Keep abreast of developments and best practices in the communications field that will develop the functional offering (e.g. use of social media).
Event Management, Logistics & Coordination
- Lead the event management and coordination for internal and external Shanghai Technology events by managing a portfolio of events co-ordinating with multiple stakeholders and regions
- Work with multiple support teams such as Corporate Services, IT, Multimedia, Corporate Security and REM to ensure smooth flow of events
- Coordinate with HR on recruitment events and provide event support as needed
- Manage critical events such as Expo, Culture Cascades, Summer Gathering, Communications Day, Visitor Management, Virtual Coffees and other local flagship events
Program Management, Maintenance and Governance
- Communications enablement for critical programs such as innovation & philanthropy
- Tracking activity and provide metrics related to the success of communications programs, including updating production calendar, org charts, mailing lists and digital signage
- Able to develop a strategic schedule of content around significant events and campaigns
- Write high impact content, blogs, newsletters for internal sites and external channels
- Create presentations (including partial speech script) for various meetings and forums
- Help with the creation and ongoing management of digital platforms and collaboration tools
- Keep track of new developments in the technology hiring market by reading current journals, books, magazine articles, websites and social media
Management Report Creation and Consolidation
- Able to consolidate and present information in a professional manner, with summaries and descriptions highly refined and concise for easy understanding by global stakeholders
- Be self-driven in prepare management reports regularly Qualifications:
Required Skills & Qualifications
- Strong communications and event management background
- Bachelor Degree essential, preferably with major in Journalism, Marketing, etc.
- Overall work experience of about 3 to 6 years, preferably with advanced overseas studies
- Proficiency in both English and Mandarin Chinese, both written and verbal, with a sense of language professionalism and elegancy
- Expertise in running large scale events seamlessly
- Conversant with good content writing and execution of communications programs
- Strong articulation, administrative and excellent interpersonal collaboration skills
- The ideal candidate will be good at collaboration and working with global teammates from various language and cultural backgrounds
- Proven project management skills with ability to self-organize workload & set priorities
- Proven publication management, copywriting and proof-reading skills
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximize their full potential.