Technology - Java Developer, Associate, Shanghai
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 23 Jun 18 2018-06-23
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
Technology & Information Risk (TIR) organization within Morgan Stanley is responsible to allow the Firm to manage its technology and data related risks through implementing proactive, comprehensive, and consistent practices across the Firm to protect franchise while capturing business opportunities. Access management (AM) team which falls under TIR organization, provides solutions that span all aspects of entitlement management, including change management during employee lifecycle events, review, provisioning, de-provisioning, auditing, reporting.
AM team is driving an aggressive program of change, which will see the implementation of a new unified portal to enable strategic integrated entitlement management including access request, self revocation, one stop action center, risk indicators visualizations. The role is for a highly skilled Web Application Developer, to work on the development of this unified platform. This will require close interaction with various development teams, globally (China, India and USA) working on the related middle tier services and database, operating within a highly agile test-driven development environment.
Daily tasks include but not limited to:
- Design and develop core web service layer with high performance and scalability.
- Accountable for high quality code, unit test and also deliver on time.
- Work with different roles including BA, test, operation globally in Agile process.
- Monitor and involve in maintenance and support of the production environment.
- Solid experience on large scale web based application development.
- Solid experience on Java, Spring (or equivalent framework) for over 3 years.
- Test-Driven Development (TDD) using JUnit (or equivalent).
- Experience with software design patterns, performance / memory analysis, and n-tier service-oriented architecture.
- The successful candidate will be a strategic thinker who can execute tactically, be a self-starter, with the ability to multi-task, thrive in a fast-paced team environment and be able to proactively anticipate, identify, and resolve problems.
- Excellent written, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Familiar with database: DB2/Sybase or Oracle and relevant tools is a big plus
- Familiar with script languages, like Perl or Python
- Familiar with Unix/Linux environment