Technology - Java / Scala Dev (Application Development), Associate, Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
This is an opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join the high energy development team responsible for delivering Morgan Stanley’s global application security assessment infrastructure and vulnerability management platform, large scale platforms leveraging a wide range of technologies to facilitate security controls and perform vulnerability supervision and remediation.
This position will be involved in the application security are and vulnerabilities assessment and management area. The candidate will focus on the development of systems and integration of infrastructure that enables all Morgan Stanley developers to identify and manage security issues inside for the applications to improve security state throughout the Firm. The candidate will also be responsible for the development of platform about vulnerability relevancy assessment, vulnerability analysis and patch oversight.
This position contributes to:
Qualifications: Skills Required: Technical skills
- Development of the global application security infrastructure used by all developers Firm-wide
- Development of access management platform critical features for enterprise infrastructure technologies and applications Firm-wide
- Systems, network and application troubleshooting for production systems
- Technical support for products developed by the team
- Strong research, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Strong Java or script(Python/shell) skills
- Strong knowledge of Java-related technologies (e.g. Spring)
- Experience with relational databases and SQL
- Hands-on experience with Continuous Integration systems (Jenkins, Team City)
- Good read/written English communication skills globally.
- Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing
- Excellent teamwork and happy to work with virtual team in various locations
- Experience in software release management
- Ability and willingness to learn new technologies and work on the same to meet business requirements.
- Good presenting skills
- Ownership for tiny tasks and large scale tasks
- Python Unix/Linux scripting development experience is an advantage
- Experience with complex IT Systems is an advantage
- Experience with designing, building and integrating systems.