Technology - MSMS IT Branch Manager , VP, Shanghai
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 19 Aug 18 2018-08-19
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries.
In Morgan Stanley, Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
The MSMS IT Branch Manager has responsibilities for the IT services provided across the two sites in China (Shanghai & Beijing) supporting the MSMS legal entity(approximately ~800 users) and the business units contained therein. In addition to management oversight and day-to-day operational support (incident, problem and change management) the MSMS IT Branch Manager has an oversight responsibility for IT project work enabling BU growth (SJV project, China Internet plant project , Cyber Security law , new application rollouts), local vendor & most importantly navigating.
An inability to recruit for this position may result in a review of coverage hours and/or project support services provided and the ability to provide stakeholder support in other entities such as SJV, PEG,MSP,IED and ODCs located multi-locations in China. The China MSMS IT Branch Manager is considered a critical role in delivering the IT services to the MSMS offices and takes on key roles in business expansion discussions, vendor management (onsite & offsite), and acts as a conduit between key stakeholders (various team in Technology) and remote IT teams.
Candidate skills notwithstanding, the 1 head has the potential to fill below roles:
1. Local MSMS Technology oversight
- Oversee the infrastructure vendors or offshore teams activities, to ensure the local regulatory requirements & projects are fulfilled.
- Coordinate with the infrastructure vendors/offshore teams to troubleshoot application and infrastructure issues
- Act as the contact point for offshore silos to understand the infrastructure related requirements, and provide technical response for ad-hoc enquires calls
- Have the oversight of local IT Operations /Incident management / Change management
, and be accountable to work with relevant teams to report, resolve, and follow up the application or infrastructure incidents.
- Escalation to China management on any risk/issues associate with IT Operations.
2. Infrastructure & Application Support for existing BUs applications and EI systems
-Advanced Infrastructure skills such as Unix, Windows desktop and Server family (including AD, and managing users and groups) and Telco both Data network and Voice.
-Strong understanding of financial industry businesses and how they leverage technology
-10+ years of relevant Technology experience
- Strong IT infrastructure background, with technical knowledge focused on Network, Unix, Windows servers, IT Security technologies -
Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Chinese; the ability to communicate globally (conference calls, e-mails)
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills. Ability to work effectively with all levels of the organization. Excellent influencing and negotiation skills
- Strong project management skills
- A proven track record in global and cross team projects
- Strong organizational skills and an ability to manage multiple demands and changing priorities. Detail oriented
- Team player and a flexible and open-minded approach to work / outgoing and independent personality
- Ability to work in a time-pressured environment
- Flexibility in regards to working hours