Technology, Java Developer,Associate,Shanghai
- Shanghai, Shanghai Shi, China Shanghai Shanghai Shi CN
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Technology works as a strategic partner with Morgan Stanley business units and the world's leading technology companies to redefine how we do business in ever more global, complex, and dynamic financial markets. Morgan Stanley's sizeable investment in technology results in quantitative trading systems, cutting-edge modelling and simulation software, comprehensive risk and security systems, and robust client-relationship capabilities, plus the worldwide infrastructure that forms the backbone of these systems and tools. Our insights, our applications and infrastructure give a competitive edge to clients' businesses—and to our own.
Operations and Compliance Technology (OCT) is an innovation-driven organization comprised of functionally aligned development teams who support critical firm functions such as Legal, Compliance and Operations. OCT develops strategic solutions that support key business processes, including Regulatory Reporting and Disclosures.
The Global Regulatory Disclosures program is looking for a senior Java developer to work on their multi-year Disclosure Of Interest (DOI) program. The role is based in Shanghai.
DOI is a business function that monitors and reports on the Firm’s ownership percentages in public companies in order to provide transparency to the markets / regulators. DOI also ensures the Firm does not breach industry, company or regulatory limits in jurisdictions in which it conducts business. The strategic technology platform supporting this function is the Global Monitoring and Alerting Regulatory Reporting System (GMARRS).
The ideal candidate should not only have the skills listed below but in addition should be a self-driven, dedicated individual who works well in a team and thinks strategically. The candidate should respond well to change and quickly grasp new concepts in a dynamic regulatory landscape.
- Develop core components to serve an enterprise-scale, position aggregation, monitoring and calculation system
- Create rule set flows that filter/enrich and calculate data for regulatory reporting
- Learn the regulatory context of our reporting
- Work with clients to understand the scope and business requirements
- Build client relationships and manage delivery expectations
- Draft functional requirements
- Create detailed technical specifications
- Draft and update application documentation and runbooks
- Participate in technical discussions and decisions to improve the system
- Perform code reviews
- Conduct testing and change management
- Support User Acceptance Testing, training sessions and user demos
- Effectively investigate and troubleshoot escalated application issues
- Assist clients on application and data analysis queries
- Work with data providers to ensure upstream data requirements are met
- Conduct data analysis to ensure quality and alignment with upstream data sources
- Escalate production data issues to the providers
Skills & Experience
The candidate should be a developer with 4+ years of working experience in Java application development. The candidate should have good communication skills, problem solving skills and business analysis skills.
- Strong proficiency in Core JAVA and understanding OOP
- Good knowledge on common Java frameworks and technologies, including Spring Framework, Hibernate / JPA.
- Experience on web services, including knowledge of REST / SOAP / XML/ JSON
- Experience in Java multiple-threading program is highly preferred
- Strong data analytical skills (SQL)
- Experience in SDLC process (e.g., Waterfall) and Agile Methodology (Scrum )
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and professional approach
- Financial industry knowledge, preferably in Sales & Trading or Investment Banking.
- Knowledge of Disclosure of Interest requirements is particularly beneficial.
- Knowledge of trades data, positions data, reference data.
- Familiar with Eclipse IDE
- Familiar with Linux / Unix environment, including working with shell, ssh and / or other command line tools.
- Experience working in medium to large-scale development projects
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunities employer. We work to provide a supportive and inclusive environment where all individuals can maximise their full potential. Our skilled and creative workforce is comprised of individuals drawn from a broad cross section of the global communities in which we operate and who reflect a variety of backgrounds, talents, perspectives and experiences. Our strong commitment to a culture of inclusion is evident through our constant focus on recruiting, developing and advancing individuals based on their skills and talents.