Assistant Director - Senior Software Engineer (Big Data)
Job Description In this role you will be a member of the Moody's Analytics' team creating and supporting some of the industry's leading software solutions for the structured finance industry. You will be involved in all aspects of SDLC, working directly with key business stakeholders to build and support key SAV applications.
• Brainstorm, design and develop an enterprise software product.
• Design and implement re-usable software components.
• Ensure the product is highly configurable and extensible.
• Work collaboratively with a core team of architects and developers spread across different locations.
• Get involved in full-stack development.
• Research and build POCs using available frameworks to ensure feasibility.
• Create technical design documents and present the details to a larger audience.
• Participate in architecture and design reviews for projects that require complex technical solutions.
• Develop reusable frameworks/components and POCs to accelerate development on projects.
• Perform gap analysis and provide business solutions.
• Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, IT, Software Engineer, Software Development.
• Knowledge of Relational and NoSQL databases such as MongoDB, ElasticSearch, Postgres.
• Hands on experience with distributed frameworks such as Apache Hadoop, Storm/Spark/Kafka.
• Experience with object oriented/functional programming languages like Java, Scala, Python, Go,etc.
• Experience with AWS cloud services such as EC2, EMR, RDS, S3 is a plus.
• Experience with building data pipelines is a plus.
• Experience working on LINUX environment is a plus.
• Strong debugging, analytical and problem solving abilities.
• Ability to learn quickly and work independently.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
Moody's is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Candidates for Moody's Corporation may be asked to disclose securities holdings pursuant to Moody's Policy for Securities Trading and the requirements of the position. Employment is contingent upon compliance with the Policy, including remediation of positions in those holdings as necessary.