Compliance, Consumer Wealth Management Compliance, Vice President, Shenzhen
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB GLOBAL COMPLIANCE
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS YOUR IMPACT
As an integral part of the Consumer Wealth Management (CWM) Compliance team, you will work in a highly collaborative and dynamic environment with CWM professionals, global CWM Compliance counterparty, other Compliance team members and other Goldman Sachs departments, including Legal and Internal Audit, Operations, Engineering and Human Capital Management to address an array of business, legal and regulatory matters encountered by the CWM business in Greater China, in addition to driving forward strategic business initiatives and projects.
You will also be working closely and providing on-going advice to the CWM business and CWM Management; assist them in analyzing compliance issues applicable to the business, reviewing business opportunities from a compliance perspective and addressing regulatory inquiries and handling client issues, and help drive forward strategic business initiatives and projects. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE'RE LOOKING FOR
- Provide advice in real time to the CWM business on compliance, regulatory, policy and reputational issues, as well as on new business initiatives and significant business changes affecting CWM, including on product suitability, client background and suitability assessment and risk profile evaluations.
- Refine compliance program, controls and surveillance tools which enables compliance to conduct in depth reviews.
- Work with Legal and other Compliance functions on regulatory inquiries and client issues.
- Ensure that appropriate policies and procedures are in place for CWM. Drive completion of updates and the creation of new policies in response to regulatory drivers, external factors and business changes while working closely with Legal and business personnel. Develop, implement and provide training on relevant policies and procedures in compliance with relevant regulations and firm policies/initiatives to the CWM business.
- Test and monitor controls, surveillances and procedures to assess effectiveness in ensuring adherence to laws, regulations and firm policies and procedures.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- University degree holder/relevant professional or industry qualification.
- Minimum of 5-7 years relevant experience; preferably in compliance/control/legal function. Regulatory/auditing background will also be considered.
- Good understanding of the China regulatory framework for the private client business and products
- Strong analytical skills and ability to exercise sound judgment and manage execution under pressure
- Energetic, attentive to detail and capable of multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a team-oriented setting, prioritize projects to meet tight deadlines. Highly motivated self-starter with an ability to work independently
- Experience in surveillance, operational flow of products and system knowledge is an advantage
- Strong oral and written communication skills in Chinese and English
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer