Big Data Developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Development of large scale big data solutions to be used in a very large production environment.
- Gather, analyze and maintain large data sets to provide answers to address hurdles and create innovative solutions in large-scale data infrastructures.
- Interact with both business and technical stakeholders to deliver high quality products and services that meet business requirements and expectations while applying the latest available tools and technology.
- Develop code and mentor junior developers to ensure deliverables are on time, within budget, and with good code quality.
- Present technical solutions, capabilities, considerations, and features in business terms. Effectively communicate status, issues, and risks in a precise and timely manner.
- Demonstrated hands on experience building Big Data solutions. Experience with Hadoop ecosystem: Hadoop, Spark, MapReduce, Hive/Pig, Yarn, HBase, etc
- Experience with RDBMS as well as NoSQL stacks (ElasticSearch, HBase, Cassandra)
- Good grasp of statistical and scientific programming packages in Python is a plus
- Experience with data visualization tools: Hue, Kibana, Qlikview, Tableau is a plus
- Good grasp of data science concepts with emphasis on machine learning techniques is a plus
- Independent problem-solving, highly motivated and self-directing
- Experience with Agile/Scrum development methodologies
- Software testing know-how, including black-box and white-box testing methodologies and both functional and non-functional testing
- Test driven development experience
- Understanding of DevOps practices
- Aptitude to learn the business domain of the application systems to be developed
- Strong communication skills, should be able to communicate effectively with business and other stake holders
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .