Officer - GRU
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
1. To handle account reconciliation activities covering;
• Nostro account reconciliations
Internal/ GL account (suspense and sundry) reconciliations,
• Trade/Stock and Position reconciliations,
• Credit Card, ATM, retail branch banking reconciliations
2. Perform error free reconciliation as per procedures (DOI) / Reconciliation Policy using reports from various transaction processing and recon applications. Prior experience of working with TLM (Transaction Lifecycle Management) reconciliation platform would be an added advantage.
3. Handle customer queries and correspondence (both internal and external) and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, country and internal stakeholders including technology teams.
4. Ensure effective follow ups and escalations, both internal and external, in resolving outstanding reconciliation items, process and system issues, as per agreed SLA / reconciliation matrix, DOIs. Ability to differentiate escalations to various senior levels depending on the nature and impact of an issue/open reconciliation break with clear articulation of the requirement and attention from them is a must.
5. Actively look for opportunities to standardize processes and assist TLs and Managers in process mapping and automation / improvement efforts. Risk Management:
1. Familiarize with Group Operational Risk, Group Money Laundering Prevention and other Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable.
2. Actively assess risks and potential failure points in the processes handled and help highlight the areas to line managers and risk teams
3.Comply with all applicable rules / regulations and Company & Group Policies.
4. Ensure adherence to all SLAs and proper updation of all logs such as TAT, system downtime, errors and exceptions log.
5. Assist in carrying out BCP tests.
6. Assist in Department & Group related projects. Regulatory & Business Conduct:
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Uphold the values of the Group and Company at all times
• Exercise authorities delegated by the Board of Directors and act in accordance with Articles of Association (or equivalent) Key Stakeholders
• GBS Units and Country Counterparts Graduates/ Post graduates
: 2 to 3 Years of experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .