About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- To handle account reconciliation activities covering;
- Nostro account reconciliations
- Internal/ GL account (suspense and sundry) reconciliations,
- Trade/Stock and Position reconciliations,
- Credit Card, ATM, retail branch banking reconciliations
- Perform error free reconciliation as per procedures (DOI) / Reconciliation Policy using reports from various transaction processing and recon applications. Prior experience of working with TLM (Transaction Lifecycle Management) reconciliation platform would be an added advantage.
- Handle customer queries and correspondence (both internal and external) and maintain effective working relationships with all departments, country and internal stakeholders including technology teams.
- Ensure effective follow ups and escalations, both internal and external, in resolving outstanding reconciliation items, process and system issues, as per agreed SLA / reconciliation matrix, DOIs. Ability to differentiate escalations to various senior levels depending on the nature and impact of an issue/open reconciliation break with clear articulation of the requirement and attention from them is a must.
- Actively look for opportunities to standardize processes and assist TLs and Managers in process mapping and automation / improvement efforts.
- Familiarize with Group Operational Risk, Group Money Laundering Prevention and other Policy and Procedures to the extent applicable.
- Actively assess risks and potential failure points in the processes handled and help highlight the areas to line managers and risk teams
- Comply with all applicable rules / regulations and Company & Group Policies.
- Ensure adherence to all SLAs and proper updating of all logs such as TAT, system downtime, errors and exceptions log.
- Assist in carrying out BCP tests.
- Assist in Department & Group related projects.
Our Ideal Candidate
- GBS Units and Country Counterparts
- Graduates/ Post graduates - 2 to 3 Years of experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .