Regulatory Technology – Technical Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
Global FM Regulatory technology has launched a multiyear transformation programme, which aims to migrate systems and processes supporting G20 Trade & Transaction Regulatory Reporting i.e. (CFTC, EMIR, MAS, BOI, HKMA, ASIC, Canada and CAD etc) from legacy to strategic architecture. The purpose of this role is to lead the technology transformation journey, in respect to: system design, technology tool selection, building development capabilities, defining a roadmap and leading the technology team to a successful delivery.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate Personality/team fit:
- Steering the Regulatory Reporting Technology strategy and defining the Technology roadmap from legacy to the strategic architecture
- Working with Regulatory Reporting Product Owners and FM Architects in selecting development tools, frameworks and inhouse open source repositories, which best fit the business use case and strategic solution. Providing state of the art technical solutions, which integrate seamlessly with the Banks front-to-back architecture
- Lead the design, build and delivery for templates, functional frameworks, which are bespoke to the functional domain
- Lead design and integration decisions with the Global Regulatory Technology and FM Architecture, to help identify and overcome technology challenges as part of the solution implementation
- Work with project managers and product owners to right size the development team re: skills, location and capacity. Supporting the recruitment and buildout of the development capacities and ensuring industry best practices are being adhered.
- Instil AGILE best practices in the technology delivery teams, providing technical and team leadership through coaching and mentorship
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery, to agreed time, quality and cost
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through coaching and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain software solutions owned by Regulatory Technology
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team
- Ensure software is designed, developed, and tested in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Be part of any RFP process where vendor solutions are being considered, to meet a specific requirement
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong leadership skills, ability to influence decisions and actions at all levels of the Bank.
- A very strong understanding of the dimensions and complexities of delivering full stack, cutting edge technology solution in a global Investment Bank
- Ability to analyse complex IT issues and translate these into clear and concise communications
- Ability to work independently under tight deadlines and with a high degree of autonomy and initiative.
- Working in a fast paced, dynamic & multi-cultural team environment
- This is not a 9-5 role as we are working on regulatory project with fixed external deadlines
- Working independently, but able to seek help/escalate promptly
- Must be driven/enthusiastic and show perseverance
- Advocate best working practices; work smarter - not harder
Expert in most, but knowledgeable in all of the below: General
- Experienced in operating in an AGILE/SAFE methodology and can lead development teams. Include estimating models, establishing & monitoring KPI's, conducting AGILE ceremonies/ sprint & release planning sessions
- Experienced in mature DevOps operations, test tools, test automation and release automation
- Familiar with using and maintaining open source libraries (in-house and external)
- Familiar design patterns
- Experience with user mapping journeys
- Understanding of MVC & other UX centric design patterns
- Solid experience of using Redux 3.x+ & React / React DOM 15.5.x +
- Experience of using Node, NPM, yarn, Git
- Real time core Java with multi-threading exp JDK 11+, Spring Boot
- Containers: Docker, Kubernetes
- Workflows: e.g. Camunda
- Data oriented architecture
- Data oriented user entitlements
- Experience of using of Jenkins, Git/Maven & IDEs
- DevOps: CB/CI
- Spring Batch
- Microservice open source: Sprint Cloud, Eureka, Kafka
- Solace for messaging and Hazelcast for data caching
- Hadoop, Hive, Spring, Drooles
- Apache SPARK (Scala)
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .