Senior Big Data Developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Perform hands on development in hadoop ecosystem in areas of data ingestion, data ETL etc
- Do/Review the technical design on component or full application
- In addition to development, participate end to end project delivery to conduct tasks such as: data analysis, testing, build, and release.
- Follow and contribute to DevOps and related team collaboration activities
Nice to have:
- Overall 5+ years of hands-on software development experience;
- Strong experience in HiveQL, Spark, NiFi and Java.
- Hands on development experience in hadoop environment: Hive, Elastic Stack etc.
- Experience in NiFi Processor Development.
- Experience in ETL, Data Warehouse, BI.
- English: Fluent Oral English .
- Fast learner, self-disciplined, positive attitude.
- Good communicator
- Experience on tableau is a plus.
- Experience in Data Analytic project experience in statistics, machine learning, etc
- Financial industry experience
- Team lead and client facing experience
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .