Senior Java Lead
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Work with development team to complete the system design
- Lead the effort to setup the initial development and test infrastructure
- Help the team to transform the existing system into a service based application
- Work with the team to build a top-class end to end delivery pipeline and enhance existing devops tools.
- Management experience of delivery team to help team delivery system to production
- Define and propose system architecture for senior technology management and Architecture Council approvals.
- Bachelor degree or above in computer science
- Good English communication skill
- 7+ years of experience in Java application development and design. Familiar with popular development frameworks such as Spring/ Spring boot, Spring Cloud, Spring JPA/MVC, Kafka/Zookeeper.
- Familiar with design patterns
- Familiar with Agile development methodology, certified Scrum master is a plus
- Having experience building DevOps tools. Familiar with Ansible, Kubernetes, docker,..etc
- Having good experience on large-scale database such oracle, elastic search, Familiar with SQL performance tuning.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .