Senior Java developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
Our Ideal Candidate
- Working alongside our business users and the development team to understand the business processes.
- Communicating and co-ordinating with different technology silos
- Ability to bring new ideas and present them in clear, thoughtful manner
- Evangelize the adoption of Agile development practices
- Catalyst for adoption of modern software development practices
- Micro Service
- Dockerable application
- Building strong relationships with the business through delivery, communication and domain knowledge transfer.
- Developing solutions that embrace our firm standards without compromising on quality.
- Perform non-functional testing, regression testing, independent testing, SIT and UAT.
- Phasing, building and delivering designed solutions to meet the expectations.
- Providing production support on existing systems and resolving operational issues while working with other support and development staff located across the globe.
- More than 8 years of experience with Java/J2EE development experience
- Excellent in communicating and presenting technology topics
- Understanding of financial market and FX, Money Market, FX Options, Rates Derivatives, Commodities domain.
- Micro-Service architecture, Spring cloud, Dubbo
- Enterprise Integration Patterns and frameworks
- Devops & Automation
- Software version management - GIT
- Auto testing, Auto Building, Auto Deployment;
- Build Systems - Maven, Gradle
- Continuous Integration - Jenkins, Sonar
- Continuous deployment
- Event driven and Domain Driver Design
- HTML5, CSS, Java script, JQuery, Bootstrap, Vue, React, Angular
- Linux - Shell and Python scripting
- Solid database experience. Familiarity with database platforms, both SQL (Oracle, Sybase) or NoSQL (Cassandra, HBASE, MongoDb) and common database design patterns.
- Apache Camel, Kafaka, Active MQ, Rabbit MQ , Rule Engine and so on
- Practical experience on Microservice implementation.
- Spring Framework stack - Spring Web MVC, Spring Batch, Spring Integration, Spring Boot, Spring cloud .
- Practical experience on distribute system.
- Performance engineering of Java applications
- DevOps - Tools and Techniques
- Proxy, Reverse-Proxy and Content Delivery Networks (CDN)
- Single-page applications
- Docker & K8S
- Product design skills & Marketing skills
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .