Senior Murex Developer
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
People and Talent SCOPE OF ROLE:
- Deep understanding on FX cash and ALM Derivative business.
As a senior Murex developer, you will focus on technical solutions on Murex Operations domain to deliver business values to real business. You will understand different technology silos and the integration methodology within the Bank. You will be part of the team that constantly work on improving Murex3 Trading Platform to purchase best technical practise and business requirement satisfaction. Job descriptions:
- Understand the Business, functional and Technical requirement and specification identify gap in the requirement to provide feedback and track to closure of the gap in requirement.
- Complete the development in MX3 platform to realize the requirement from user, and also perform unit test.
- Support SIT/UAT/DR and go live activities on project level.
- Stakeholders engagement and the status reporting preparation.
- Manage defect triage and correlate symptoms with likely causes.
- Front to back support for projects and change requests.
Regulatory & Business Conduct
- Experience in English working environment with adequate English communication skills in writing and speaking.
- Strong abilities on problem solving and constructive thinking, a quick learner.
- A logical thinker in front of huge complexity and uncertainty.
- Team player with proactive thinking and initiative to improve the entire team's efficiency and collaboration.
- Enthusiastic about software quality engineering and its modern applied practices/tools.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the [country / business unit / function/XXX [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles : [Fair Outcomes for Clients; Effective Financial Markets; Financial Crime Compliance; The Right Environment.] *
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
Good to have skills and experience:
- 3 years + experience with domain knowledge for Murex 3 pre-trade and post trade workflow (contract/deliverable/exchange).
- Deep understanding on OPS domain knowledge such as confirmation, settlement, accounting of FX cash and ALM
- Hands on experience on Datamart.
- Experience with industry leading databases like Oracle, Sybase etc, and strong in writing SQL.
- Scripting language experience, Shell Script, Python, Excel VBA etc.
- Excellent troubleshooting skills to root cause complex issues required.
- Experience in Financial Markets Trading systems preferably in Murex. Knowledge of financial market instruments, trade lifecycle and workflow is an advantage.
- Experience with projects using Agile development method is preferred.
- Ability to succeed in high energy, dynamic environment
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .