Technology Service Manager
The GBS China Country Technology Management (CTM) is the one Technology face and voice between the GBS CN Business and group Technology & Innovation (T&I) community.
In representing T&I to business, the CTM Technology Service Manager (TSM) shall be seen as a business IT partner, which is a Mgmt. SPOC to help GBS CN business address their challenge from IT perspective in order to reach GBS China business target. The Responsibilities include:
- Ambassador: Full T&I representation, noting that each T&I group bears full accountability for provision of respective T&I services to the business and CTM.
- Incident and Problem mgmt.: For incidents having significant business impact, support the incident/problem mgmt. process which is owned by group T&I. This will mainly involve the communication/escalation to business mgmt. of service impact, recovery process, root cause, and mitigating actions, and communication back to T&I of business concerns.
- Forums: Suitable forum representation of T&I, such as mgmt. forum, business risk forum, major initiative GBS CN implementation and project steering committees. CTM's will facilitate/coordinate business-facing forums and involve the relevant T&I personnel.
- Risk: Ensure that GBS CN business exposure to each form of technology risk is understood and managed.
- Communication: Cascade T&I strategy, key themes, major messages, and latest technology developments, and ensure communication is a priority across T&I and GBS CN business.
- Business engagement: Closely work with business as an IT partner to support on their BAU need by assisting business keep a clear mgmt. on the key IT aspect to their BAU in alignment with business expectation.
- Stakeholder Mgmt.: Maintain an active business network in close collaboration with each GBS CN business domain. Keep a good understanding on the local business as necessity to support them on their focus and priority.
- End User Computing (EUC): On any business investment in technology services out of the T&I as necessary, ensure business follows the group End User Computer framework to have a proper control.
In representing GBS CN business to T&I, the CTM TSM shall be seen as a customer, who over watches the technology services function as expected to support GBS CN business IT requirement. The Responsibilities include:
- Service: Ensuring that all technology service needs are addressed, regardless of type, to comply with any prevailing SLAs and/or reasonable expectations of GBS CN business.
- Service Improvements: Reviewing progress of T&I service improvement initiatives for GBS CN, escalating and contributing ideas as appropriate. Gauging business satisfaction with overall T&I service on a regular basis. Feedback to be channelled into T&I mgmt. for improvement planning. Also ensuring business awareness of T&I plans accordingly.
- Change Control.: Ensuring that the T&I change mgmt. process caters for all GBS CN change needs. In approving GBS CN infrastructure changes, CTM will act as the gatekeeper of GBS CN technology environment by assessing impact and level of risk as result of scheduled changes.
- Projects: Ensure the project delivery from T&I to GBS CN are properly scrutinized based on group project mgmt. framework. For GBS CN roll out of global technology initiatives, agree the optimum GBS CN approach, and if required, provide local mgmt./implementation resources and governance. Engage all levels of T&I matrix for issue escalation processes as appropriate.
Our ideal candidate is expected to possess:
- Rich experience in Service Mgmt. Service Delivery Mgmt. Incident Mgmt. etc is strongly desired.
- Excellent communication and influencing skill is a must.
- Advanced English writing and fluent English speaking is desired to coordinate among international teams.
- The candidate must command strong incident mgmt. skills
- The candidate is expected to have strong stakeholder mgmt. skills.
- Good understanding in ITIL framework. ITIL certification will be an advantage.
- Technical literacy and knowledge is highly preferred - not necessarily a technical expert but should possess.
- Knowledge in Banking operations would be a strong advantage.