We are Planet
Planet is a large international cross-border digital fin-tech payments company, operating in over 60 markets across the world and providing a range of services to over 400,000 luxury merchants and 100 acquiring banks. We have grown rapidly over the last seven years and increased seven times in value over this period based on a combination of both organic and acquisition-led growth. The travel and tourism market that we operate in continues to show consistent growth, underpinned by megatrends such as the expansion of middle classes across the world and the desire for Asian shoppers in particular to purchase authentic luxury goods outside their home countries.
This growth is set to continue, with ambitious plans to double the business in three years delivering market share expansion in a growing market. Now, with over 1,500 employees spread across five continents, we are an international payment services provider.
About the Role
This is an exciting time to join our Finance team in Prague as our company continues to grow, you will be a key Finance professional working with the Finance Manager in carrying out the daily and monthly responsibilities. You will also prepare monthly reconciliations and assist in preparation of reports and ongoing projects as well as ad hoc requests.
This is also a great opportunity for you to improve or suggest ways to improve the Accounting process as well as have autonomy in your role
What you will do at Planet
- Compile financial information to review and/or prepare journal entries, in an accurate and timely manner.
- Assist in the finance team around the month end with regard to supplier invoices, registration of incoming and outgoing payments, personal expenses, IC settlements etc
- Assist with the preparation of the invoice basis and the monthly invoicing for the Czech Republic entities.
- Interpret the meaning of financial information and make accounting adjustments accordingly.
- Prepare/review expense analyses and other financial statement account reconciliations.
- Propose ways to enhance and increase the efficiency of the corporate month-end close process.
- Proactively identify, rectify and follow-up on errors and causes of errors while managing the quality and development of financial accounts, systems, and processes within given parameters.
- Assist in preparing supporting schedules for external auditors and responding to audit inquiries.
- Assist with/lead special projects as they arise.
Who you are
- Part Qualified Accountant with a minimum of 3 years accounting experience.
- Proficient computer skills; experience with Oracle a plus
- Able to resolve issues and propose solutions to issues that arise on a day-to-day basis.
- Able to focus on multiple tasks, while meeting all internal and public company deadlines.
- Able to work efficiently and accurately in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
What makes this role outstanding?
- You will be joining an established Finance team
- You will have the opportunity to work on new projects
- You will have autonomy and the ability to suggest improvements.
- You are joining a growing international company
What you will need to bring to Planet
- Excellent time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to self-motivate and self-prioritize with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work with accounting and finance management in a team environment.
Your skills and our Values
We search for better
- You are creative, curious and look for new ways of doing things
- Creative intelligence is your key competency
We celebrate differences
- You are appreciative of people, and recognise the strength in others
- You inspire through appreciation
We go beyond expectations
- You are bold, open with your ideas, and are at your best every day
- You drive for results
You are collaborative, you care and you are humble
What we can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Lunch vouchers